Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network UI element and Java 8

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

We are using the "Network" UI element (JNet) in one of our WD Java applications (NW 7.3.1 SP 11). This element consists of an obviously unsigned Java applet (which my local Java 7 JVM complained about for some time). Anyway the applet was working o.k. and the defnied Graphs were rendered (almost) as expected.

Today, I updated my local JVM to Java 1.8.0_45. When using my WebDynpro application, my Browser (IE9) shows the applet area with the Java wait logo, then complains about the unsigned applet as before. When I decide to execute the applet anyway, the applet area turns white, then light blue, but nothing else happens. No graph gets rendered. The same behaviour can be seen using Firefox 32.

The java console essentially shows nothing except the JNet version:

Java-Plug-in 11.45.2.14
JRE-Version verwenden 1.8.0_45-b14 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

[...]

ACF version: 7.1000.1.07

JNet 1.1342.15002

UR L&F version: 7.1000.0.12

What did I do wrong ? Did anyone come across this behaviour ? Is there any patch available that resolves the "unsigned applet" problem or can we get a newer version of this applet somehow ?

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

After disabling the temporary caching of Java files in the Java Control Panel, the applet is working fine again. But whenever I turn on caching again, the applet works once and behaves as decribes above on any subsequent use, even if the browser or workstation is restarted in between.

Anyway, a more current (and maybe enhanced) version of the JNet applet would be a great help...

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With JVM 1.7 onwards, security settings has been enhanced, which doesnt allow any unsigned applet to execute.

You can cross check to see if it works , by lowering the security level of your browser or jvm.

Check for SAP Notes, if it doesnt work even by lowering security for any newer version of applet.

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi!

Yes, we added our portal URL to the JVM security exception list when we upgraded the local JVM to Java 7.

I would like the JNet applet shipped with the WebDynpro runtime to be signed, though, to avoid all these complications. Since the "Network" seems to be an official ui element, I'd expect it to be up to date, to be patched to work with current JVMs and so on. Maybe we missed some notes or patches ?

Regards

Michael