Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Retail

former_member421845
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Subject: MTS (Make to stock)

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where we have to automatically generate plant order from sales order.  I have tried mapping the same with requirement type "041" (tcode-OVZI) , item category "TAC" and  strategy type is 40 (standard). I could not get a positive result from it (MTO getting generated instead of MTS).

Please guide me for the same, if this is possible.

Regards,

Pramod

3 REPLIES 3

binoy_vargis1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not get a positive result from it (MTO getting generated instead of MTS).

Ideally it will always be MTO as you have SO as reference. How do you classify MTO or MTS with the result.

Regards

Binoy

0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

Let me first appreciate your quick response. Well, I am not familiar with the retail scenario. The requirement what i got is that the system must generate MTS when a sale order is created. Yes,

your question is very genuine. When an order is created in reference to a sale order, logically it

should be a MTO process. I would like to know whether we can hit the other way around by any

config changes. Once i have a confirmation regarding the same I can confirm the client regarding

its possibilities.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Do you mean IS-Retail. I strongly feel you should have raised this query in .

Regards

Binoy