Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Consolidation and Legal Consolidation within same BCS data basis

andreasbraith
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working in the SEM-BCS area for years but came across a customer requirement where I am greatful for some expert input.

At the moment my customer is running legal consolidation (Company as Cons Unit). In future integrated management consolidation (Matrix Consolidation) will be required.

I would like to implement matrix consolidation within the same BCS data model (data basis) within a new separate consolidation area.

Meaning legal consolidation would run in Consolidation Area "L", while Matrix Consolidation is intended to run within Consolidation Area "M".

The reason why we want to stay within the same BCS data model (data basis) is, that the customer has a pretty much integrated BCS solution. Change of data model and total cube would mean big effort for reimplementation.

While prototyping the solution I faced some issues within the new Consolidation Area "M" for matrix consolidation while trying to define "Cons Unit Combinations".

Cons Unit combinations have not been saved correctly within the backend tables (CU combinations SIDs, Permitted Cons Unit combinations).

Finally causing a dump within the consolidation monitor at extraction of the org.hierarchy.

Based on this trouble I just wonder if somebody can give me some input based on own experience or from communication with SAP development whether a scenario with "Legal Consolidation" and "Matrix Consolidaton" within one BCS data bases is possible.

Does it work at all?

Are there any limitations that should be considered?

Thanks for sharing experiences.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Could you please check and confirm that you have two objects with the same role cons unit in the data model.

In the Cons area L one of the object with cons unit would be not used and in Cons Area M both need to use.

Regards

Rajesh SVN

andreasbraith
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

thanks for your answer.

All basic settings of the data base and the two consolidation areas are done.

Additional Info Objects for "organizational management dimension" of the cube have been assigned to the roles (Cons Unit, Partner Unit, Investee Unit, Consolidation Group).

Usage of fields within the consolidation area also has been done. In the same way as you describe.

I could resolve the error situation/dump within the BCS consolidation monitor. It was related to a setting that I copied over from cons area L to cons area M.

My main focus on this post now is get some expertise from other experts, whether there are any limitations on running "Legal Consolidation" and "Matrix Consolidation" on the same BCS Cube (BCS data basis).

Regards

Andreas

former_member211095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the reply.

Once your find any information which you are looking for, please maintain the same in this thread which will helpful to other who are in same situation.

Regards

Rajesh SVN