cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Finance Controlling Area Currency in ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SFIN2 is installed in our system. While doing Configuration of Ledger & Additional currency, we found that

When we add 2nd or 3rd currency type as Controlling area currency -> we get error as Local currency cant be defined completely for company code

And when we don't have any currency type = Controlling area currency -> we can post the document to company code.

One of the reason is in T code OB22 - currency code is not being updated for currency type =20. Even though it is updated in Controlling area configuration.

When you check T code OB22 - It gives message as use t code FINSC_LEDGER - to maintain currency setting & when you still continue you cant edit but can check additional currency for company code.

I believe Currency code details are supposed to be updated form config of t code FINSC_LEDGER or OKKP, but it is not happening.

Am I missing any other config?

We did below configuration

1) Controlling area created & currency assigned = 20  & Currency code = EUR. this currency is populated in Ledger configuration as group & controlling currency

2) In Ledger setting, we have three currency

i. Local Currency =10 company code currency (Derivied from Comapny code)

ii. Global Currency for GL & Controlling = 20 controlling area currency ( Derived from Controlling area)

iii.1st Additional currency =30 or 60 (This has to be defined in this t code)

Please suggest, If we miss anything to configure?

P.S:-  We Ran program "FINS_CUST_CONS_CHK" to check currency & ledger consistence. And we got Green message "Check Passed"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

currency type 20 cannot be used in FI.

Currency type 20 is supported in FINSC_LEDGER, therefore only for compatibility reasons; if currency type 20 was already used in CO, then after migration of the currency configuration, "KSL" field of ACDOCA will be used for CO only, and FI will work with the fields HSL, OSL and VSL.

For new installations we strongly recommend to configure currency type 30 in CO and in FI (for the KSL field in ACDOCA).

By the way, OB22 will automatically updated from the FINSC_LEDGER maintance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In previous versions of SAP we can maintain three currencies for company code but in Simple Finance I see option to maintain only two currencies per ledger , please confirm.

Regards

Kishor Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi Kishor Reddy,

in SFIN 1503 you still can use 3 local currencies in FI and 2 currencies in CO.

Local currency  = HSL = CT 10 is maintained at the company code

Glocal currency = KSL = currency type of the controlling area  and ideally second currency of FI

1st additional currency = OSL = third currency of FI

2nd additional currency = VSL  = second additional currency of FI, if it is not equal to KSL = controlling area currency type. This only can happen in migration scenarios - new installations shall use the co area currency also in FI)

The Early Knowledger Transfer Documentation for SFIN 1503 / GL Configuration contains more information on this topic.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, very useful information could you also provide some more details information about this .

In following two screen shots 2nd section is different in title (1)Currency in controlling and no GL integration  2) Global currency for General ledger and Controlling ),could you please elaborate the functionality in both the cases, is it mandatory to have the same currency in controlling area.  

0 Kudos

Hi,

in the first screen shot, you have the situation, that currency type of the controlling area is not configured in FI as a parallel currency. Therefore the flag "only used in Controlling" is marked.

This situation only appears, when you migrate from a ERP Release and you have already configured currencies in FI and CO and you cannot change this, as you transaction data is posted with these settings. (In the blank area below the 1st add. currency another section for the 2nd add Currency would appear, if you would have had 3 currencies configured in FI prior to the migration).

The second screen shots shows the recommended situation, which automatically is active for new installation. This means, the second section ("Global" Currency) is a common currency for FI and CO. As FI support max 3 parallel currencies in SFIN 1503 we need only the section 1st additional currency for the third currency type in FI. The section 2nd additional currency is invisible and cannot be used.

Without common currencies in FI and CO the benefits of the universal journal cannot be leveraged. Therefore we "force" new installation to use this setup.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIchael,

In S/4 Finance we can have 3 currency in FI including the one which is defined for controlling...Please correct me if I am wrong.

In the first scenario

As you mentioned that if we have not activated the 3 currency before the migration then we cannot see the field for second currency. What if client need to activate the 3rd currency for a company code due to change in legal requirement. Earlier we used to take help of SLO, now in S/4 how can we handle this?

Before the system migration we had Group currency as "USD" and the same currency was assigned to Controlling but after migration system shows the first option " Currency in controlling  -No GL Integration" - Since we have same currency for FI and CO then it should have shown the second option "Global currency for G/L and Controlling".

Can you please help?

Regards,

Vikash

0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

you are right, 3 currencies in FI and the 2 currency types in CO shall be a subset of these.

(For compatibilty - only for migrated systems - we also support 3 Currencies in FI independent from the CO currencies) 

Introducing a new currency for a system with historic data needs to be done by a SLO project. There is not standard functionalty to change currency settings of an installed system. Or you go a greenfiel aproach without migration of the historic data.

If the system behaves differently, please open a ticket and we have to check the configuration in detail.

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

There is a screen difference for parallel ledger configuration in 1511 while comparing with 1503. Ie., basically

1. Currency Types

2. Currency settings for Company Code Independence

3. Currency Settings for Company Code

4. Remaining Ledgers/assigning of company code and accounting principle - which are the same as 1503

Can you explain actual functionality of 1/2/3 above. If you have any early knowledge document for 1511 please share.

Thanks ---Raghuchandran.R

0 Kudos

Hi Raghuchandran,

In 1503 the currency conversion settings (exchange rate type, date, source currency) used to be defined in the second level of the viewcluster per company code and ledger.

Indeed the settings must be equal for all ledgers for one currency type in a company code.

Therefore we decided to put these currency conversion settings as separat view independent on ledger.

Depending on the currency type (view 1) the settings can be maintained only once ( view 2 ) or per company code ( view 3).

Another new feature in 1511 is, that you can define additional currency types in customer namespace with you own labels( view 1)

In 1511 these customer defined currency types are not converted automatically, but this will come in one the next releases. In 1511 you can use the period end activity foreign currency valuation to populate the currency types in customer name space.

Best Regards,

Michael 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Utkarsh,

I would like to add one point here is Simple Finance 2 does not support multiple currency valuations though we have option remain for keeping the currencies.

I am sure you might be using these currencies only for GL document purpose and not activated any C&V profiles.

Regards,

Santosh Varanasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can you post print screen with customazation which caused an error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OB22 is not relevant any more.

Could you please post message ID, and full text.

and you're getting this error in tcode FINSC_LEDGER?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I get the error when I try to post any document. Error details are

LOCAL CURRENCIES OF COMPANY CODE XXXX CANNOT COMPLETELY DETERMINED"

message no F5557

One thing to mention here again,

T code OB22 is not relevant. But when you run this t code It gives message to

use t code FINSC_LEDGER - to maintain currency setting &

if you still continue it shows old OB22 screen in display mode to check additional currency for company code. There i found when we use controlling area currency - currency code is blank. Same is not the case for group currency. I believe this is the reason I get above error while posting.