cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Authorization Methods for Public Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

So we are devolopping a Public Solution Based on HANA  , and SAPUI5, so far we managed to make some parts of the solution exposed via the use , the anonymous user authentication, which  is without a doubt a useful feature we were seeking, but it opens a for other questions .

I will try to ask this question in a use case scenario:

So now let´s imagine we have  login or a registration page , which we made it exposed  via the anonymous authentication, now after the user will try to login .. every user has a HANA DB user but also a record with his information as an object in database per say Employee.

Example

• Reda is a Hana Database user , he´s password managed intenally by  HANA
  • Reda is also an Employee with other attributes , such as height or weight , salary……

We want that after the user log in the page switch from HTTP to HTTPS ,therefore the user will be redirected to another HTML page application based on SAPUI5 where he can for instance maintain his own data (change his salary).

Which Method of authentication you Recommend , Considering the fact that the whole UI is based on SAP UI5 , and we are not using java  Servlets, or any other Technologies

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206787
Participant
0 Kudos

are all the person logging in into your application have a HANA user?

If yes, then you can use Default Form based authentication: for this you don't even have to create a login page and anonymous calls won't be required.

If no,then you can go with SAML .Users can be dynamically created after saml authentication.

One more questions : How are you planning to authenticate a user? Where is the authentication information stored?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjal ,

Thank you for your answer but, so let me make myself clearer and i will also try to answer your comment

So i need to know if i can use the HTTPS protocol independently of the authentication Method.

More specifically can i use HTTPS with Form and Basic Authentication: cause i saw a post about HTTPS on HANA and it was based on Trust Certificates, is there is a way to use https with the least hassle (no red HTTPS Status, especially for first time users ) , example : not trusted website

My users the are HANA users, the great thing about SPS09 is you get Self-service XSJS Functionalities such as Login/user registration /and password change handled by Hana for with no further development

the down part is these pages i cannot change the look and feel to make it the same as our CI, i mean changing the background image for me is just not enough, I need to be able to change also some stuff in the html such as other buttons and HTML elements, I’m not sure if there´s a way to solve this, do you have an idea

to summarize to questions

how can I implement HTTPS , in a way The SSL certificate validation  would be the smoothest from the client side ? and does all Methods of authentication work along with HTTPS?

can I change the look and feel of the self-service XS apps provided by SAP in SP09, changing the background image is just not enough 

Best regards,

Reda

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reda,

Follow the below guide for SSL configuration:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b45687-0613-3110-7183-de49e84a3...

Also check http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Administration_Guide_en.pdf

I have tried basic and form methods and they work with SSL and I think all HANA authentication methods will work with SSL.

I don't think you can make changes to Self Service apps as they are standard apps.

Regards,

Vivek

former_member206787
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can implement SSL without dependency on Authentication method.

Every authentication methods works well with SSL.

SSL is not dependent on authentication method.But some authentication methods like SSO with SAML require SSL to be implemented first.

As mentioned by Vivek , you can refer the following guide to implement SSL:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00b45687-0613-3110-7183-de49e84a3...

This link may also be helpfull :SAP HANA XS Application Authentication - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Library

To implement SSL you need to install some e SAP Cryptographic Libraries and generate Key pair and get it signed by SAP

Can you please tell which Self service XSJS functionalities you are referring to?It will be good if you can share some links regarding it!

Regards,

Pranjal