Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when generate a new version for MSMP Process ID

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Helly guys, again,

I have created a new custom workflow.

When I am trying to test the new workflow i have some errors: Incorect path and stage entry for process XXX.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

do you know from where we can configure this stage task id:

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all again,

Do you have some kind of a MSMP cookbook?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hancila,

Your error seems to be related to the "class" more than the configuration of path and stage itself.

Can you check that the class that you are using ZCL_GRAC_OVM_APPROVAL_WF is created and available in SE80? Below is a reference to a standard class for the GRAC_AR process type.

Apart from this, please consider that "Process ID" is not the top most level when looking at the structure of workflows. Each process ID is mapped to a "Process Type" which in-turn is mapped to the class as mentioned above. Each process type has a header structure, class tagged to it, as shown below for the standard processes. All agents, initiators, etc rules are mapped to process type via the class and not directly to the process ID. Therefore, building the process type and associating a class is important.

In case you have not considered these, please do while building the custom process.

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hancila,

Could you say, if you can try using GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD, after creation of Custom process id. It is much easier there, to identify the error(of generation of workflow).Could you fill up Agent id and Approval type, for the stage.

You will also need to fill up the Approval level to Role/System/Both, for which there is a Task id that needs to be tick-marked in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE.So, there might be few more errors coming up.

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

So I filled up Agent Id and Approval type, and I tried to generate a version.

I got an error,

can you help me?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please be more specific where I need to fill up , or what I need to do for the following case:

"You will also need to fill up the Approval level to Role/System/Both, for which there is a Task id that needs to be tick-marked in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE.So, there might be few more errors coming up."

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to check the below:

- Initiator and Agent rule id generated for your process id.

- Rule Result mapped to Path, through Route Mapping

- For a Stage, check in 'Modify Task Settings', if field 'Approval level' is filled up with either Request or Role or' System and Role' selected.

- Then the Agent ID should have a valid Agent Rule id

Regards

Plaban

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked :

1) I have rules generated for my process id.

2) Route mapping

3)

4) Agent ID

Did I forgot something? When I try to generate my process, I have the same error(described before in my first post).

Can you please help me? I am a "poor" developer with no "coaching help" in customizing the MSMP workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

- grfnmw_configure needs to be handled carefully. So, a good place to start is through GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD.

- Could you say, why are using Custom process id. what is your requirement.

- After creation of Process id, do you find it, in SPRO->....->Define Workflow-related  MSMP rules

If so, create a Rule id of type Initiator Rule. Give an application and Function name. can be same name.Generate to get Function ID.

- Go to GRFNMW_CONFIGURE_WD, and add Rule id, in Step 2(Maintain rules)

- Come to Step 1, and you would find your process id, linked to Rule id

- go to BRF+ and generate Rule Result, and add the same in Maintain Rule, for the Rule id

- Create Path and Stage.

- Add this rule result in Route Mapping, to the above path

Regards

Plaban

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

where you are getting error but no description, use the SAP GUI transaction version to generate MSMP

I got caught out on weird errors when I was using most of the default MSMP config. I had to go into each Phase/Step and Maintain then press save without doing anything. I suspect there was a background table not populated causing a null value. By opening the screen the values were completed

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

It is a custom MSMP workflow. We enhaced the GRC AC solution with the possiblity to maintain OVM`s( Org. Val Maps ) with the same functionality like the roles.

Thats why we need to create a new MSMP workflow.

So:

When I am trying to generate from SAP GUI transaction I have :

I checked the path and the stage:

I have no idea why I cannot generate a new version for our custom workflow.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hancila

You need to use the webdynpro way to maintain MSMP. Process Ids are preconfigured by SAP (start with GRAC_*). You cannot created you own (they are directly mentioned in the code)

I recommend you delete that and start again

What are you trying to achieve. One of us might be able to direct you to some information to assist you

Regards

Colleen

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Story :

I will start with the beginning. As you know in GRC there is no possibility to maintain Org. Value Mappings in Access Management. This thing can be done only using customzing(SPRO).

Our client request was to be able to maintain the OVM`s in the same way the roles are maintained.

So new link(launchpad) was created, new WebDynpro component was created in order to be able to create/change/delete OVM`s from Access Management.

One OVM can have multiple approvers(like the roles) and I need to create a new workflow do deal with OVM approval process. This workflow should be almost similar to the one used for role approval process.

Eg. When an OVM is created/modified all the approvals should receive an email in order to review the OVM and only one of them is required to approved it/reject it.

So. We created a custom workflow, copied from a standard one. We created a new class that inharites the superclass cl_grac_func_maint_wf. We created new structures, a new custom process id, new tasks and so on.

ANd we got stuck in here....

What do you think?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Hancila

Back when I was trying to figure out MSMP I ended up putting a break point in the code (e.g. when to Access Request on submit) and stepped line by line through the code. Yes a day or two of my life that I won't get back.

I recall stumbling on a block of code that had the MSMP Process Ids defined. There's also some background configuration tables to know what methods to call, etc

Anyway, your going into quite new territory. My best recommendation is to put a break-point in generating of the MSMP and debug where there error occurs. There may be additional configuration and code that you need to enhance.

I don't recall seeing this (don't mean you shouldn't) or it being recommended anywhere by SAP. I only make this comment that you might want to be cautious on certain updates in case future support packs, etc wipe it out

Be great to hear how you go and if you get it up and running to explain it. I always wondered by GRC solution didn't put all of their workflows through MSMP.

Regards

Colleen

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hancila,

can you please share some screenshots of your MSMP configuration for the path that is not working? It seems that you have missed some basic configuration.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro, thank you for the quick reply,

I made some screenshots of the path. Please tell me if you want to see something else.

Thank you,