Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling Drawing Procedure Issue in QA01

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created Sampling Drawing Procedure and assign it to  Inspection Plan and also assign Inspection Point in inspection plan.

Sampling Procedure is not attached in MIC inspection plan. I have created a new one and doing testing scenario.

But when i am going to click on sample in QA01 - It is giving me an error -

No sampling procedure found for sample determination.

One mor thing is there that - when i assign inspection point to header it is giving me warning message -

Replace sampling procedure for inspection characteristics if required

Message no. QP524

Diagnosis

You have recorded, changed or deleted an inspection point field combination. Because there are indicators in the sampling procedure for the inspection characteristics that are dependent on the inspection point (category), you must, if necessary, change the sampling procedure.

Procedure

Check whether sampling procedures are assigned to the inspection characteristics and replace these with valid sampling procedures.

Note

If you use the input help on the sampling procedure field, only valid sampling procedures are displayed. If no sampling procedures are assigned to the inspection characteristics, the system automatically determines the suitable procedure from Customizing.

Please give some solution.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign the SP to MICs in the Inspection plan and re run the process. Prior to that, make sure MICs are active for Sampling Procedure.

ntn

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

It is necessary to assign SP to MIC. Why i have to assign it.

For sample calculation i have entered in Sampling Drawing procedure that sample size will be fixed.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SDP and SP are different. You are looking to calculate the sample size without defining the sampling procedure.

What is your process? If your sample size is fixed and you don't want anything else, why are you going for SDP, but not SP only?

ntn

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

i want to test for SDP and can you tell me what is the use of SDP.

SP is used for calculate sample and decide how to valuate it. Then what is the use of SDP.

Here (SP) we define Primary and Pooled Sample and there we also define fixed number - physical sample. Is this sample is same as we calculate in SDP.

Please clarify me if possible. If i have to do some configuration then please tell me.

Thanks

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I cannot clarify everything but I can give you a basic overview. SDP is basically required when Physical samples are involved. Industries related to Food, Pharma, chemical generally use the SDP where it is critical to draw the samples.

They may later categorise them into Primary, Pooled or Reserved. There could be confirmation of samples. You may have different results for each physical sample. Different count and size for samples. You may have multiple containers from which you take samples.

On the other hand, SP is basically required to calculate the sample size based on the inspection lot quantity. It can be fixed, dependent or partial.

You should refer the SAP Helpfiles on Sample Management for detailed understanding.

ntn

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

I have gone through that and want to understand why i need Sampling procedure in SDP.

Thanks

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below thread...

Thanks

Kumar

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

I have also gone through that. But i want to ask is it necessary to use sampling procedure in the cycle of sampling drawing procedure.

In QA01 it is giving me error when i assign sample as i have explained in my first post.

Can you please clarify. I am also searching from myself.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It is mandatory to use Sampling procedure to calculate the sample size. SDP is not meant to calculate the sample size.

If you understand the difference between SP and SDP, then you can understand the usage and necessity of both also.

ntn

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar and Jinagal for helping me. Thank you for your contribution.

If i fell some thing, i will ask on this post.

Answers (0)