cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating SAP license for DR systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have setup the SAP system at DR site as per the Primary systems. Now I wanted to apply the license key to DR SAP systems So can you please tell me the procedure for creating a license for DR servers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor

The DR sites are basically created or set up with the same SID (at least in the environments I have worked). I believe that is in your case as well. So you need to check if there a change in the hardware key at the DR site and if yes then you will need to request an additional license based on the hardware key and install it. If the hardware keys remains the same then there is no need to install a license. Also to request a new license you do NOT need to register the system in the market place as the installation number and SID remains the same for the DR site. All you need to do is pick up the system from the installation list and click on the "Edit System" button and enter the hardware key retrieved from the DR site.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purushottam,

Go to Service Market place and login using your S-user ID that your company provided. Go to Support Portal-->Keys, Systems and Installations--> system data. Create your system here. Enter all details. Go to License tab and request for license. You need to provide hardware key, system type, etc correctly. Sap license will be generated and sent to you after processing your request. You can also re-login again to check the license at the license tab of the particular system.

Thanks,
Kavitha Rajan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kavitha,

As you said I have generated the license, but to apply the License I trying to login to SAP system with SAP* user but unable to login.

Even I have raised the question here:

Can you please help with this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purushottam,

As stated by Manu, delete sap* user from 000 client. Add parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0. Then restart sap. then try login with sap* password PASS in 000 client.

when you delete use below command...Replace SCHEMA with your sap schema as per my screenshot when you go to system status from menu from any client.

delete from SCHEMA.USR02 where BNAME = 'SAP*' and MANDT = '000';

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply apply the license from OS level using command saplikey or saplicense (depending on the version of SAP)

License Administration at Operating System Level with Program saplikey - SAP Licensing Procedure - S...

Regards, JP

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Register your DR system with details at SAP service marketplace to generate license keys.

Regards,

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply request the license as usual, no special procedure for it.

Regards, JP