cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java instance not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are receiving alerts for java instance not available for our java systems. When I checked, Java is up and running. On further checking, I have found that the single component is failed to start which triggers the alerts. We have found the note  2080293 - sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~cdp~cdp_ws~client~proxy failed to start the note says as below.

Reason and Prerequisites

The application sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~cdp~cdp_ws~client~proxy is very old and obsolete. This application has no use in the Java stack but it was still retained due to complex dependencies. The recent process changes required modification of code which has resulted in this side effect.

Solution

This error would hopefully be corrected in next Support Packages but as of now customers are advised to stop the application as it has no uses in the Java system. It is safe to do so. In case you see any issues with this solution then please raise a ticket on BC-NWA-INC-CDP component.

We can exclude single component from monitoring. Please let me know how to exclude the single component from monitoring.

regards,

Vaithy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198270
Active Contributor

Dear Vaithy, Can you please update which type of alert you are receiving ? is it from monitoring alert infrastructure ? Once we locate the source of alert we can suspend the specific component.

Regards, Amber S | CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Yes it is from MAI. We are getting availability alert as Java instance is not available. The alert triggered from the metrics "Application in lifecycle status in Red" & "Number of application are in red status".

Regards,

Vaithy

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default the Applications in lifecycle status failed has the parameter of '.*' to exclude the tc~lm~itsam~cdp~cdp_ws~client~proxy component.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the parsing character should be to add an exclusion while keeping the '.*' value.  I would start with a comma without spaces and see if it stops polling for that component.

Another option might be to leverage the config tool and stop that component from starting to avoid having to change the alert if its not something you need for the functionality of the system.

hannes_reinauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

I've got the same issue after upgrading from 7.31 to 7.0 - can you please tell me how I need to use the config tool to change the startup behaviour of this service?

I can see the component under the applications. But I don't know how to disable it.

Thanks,

Hannes

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Please review SAP note 2150892 - Technical Monitoring in Solution Manager shows 'Java instance not available' after upgrading to 730 - 740 to see if this helps. Regards, Roland

hannes_reinauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Roland,

thank you very much for this hint, it solved the problem!

Regards,

Hannes

gkumar17
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is too late to post this, but still posting anyway.

I came across this same issue, "applications in lifecycle status failed" metric was in redstatus due to the application "sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~cdp~cdp_ws~client~proxy".

I was able to exclude that one application from the monitoring, using below regular expression, along with its default value,

Parameter ID = COMPONENT_NAME

Parameter Name = J2EE component name

Parameter Value = .*,(?:(?!/sap.com/tc~lm~itsam~cdp~cdp_ws~client~proxy(/.*)*).*)

before.png after.png