cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUmber range issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I have more than one external number range for a specific document type?

I know it is not possible but can we do anything in the user exit to change the external number range internally to suite our requirements.

I know a user exit "USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE" which is provided by SAP as one of its modifications but I think its for internal number range.Not sure if we can use the same for the external number range too?

Please confirm the above solution or propose anything that I don't know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Can I have more than one external number range for a specific document type?

I know it is not possible but can we do anything in the user exit to change the external number range internally to suite our requirements</b>

No, Not possible even with User Exit.

<b>I know a user exit "USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE" which is provided by SAP as one of its modifications but I think its for internal number range.Not sure if we can use the same for the external number range too?</b>

User Exit can be used for both Internal & external number range. However Billing Document will always have only Internal Number range.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christino,

You are correct in assuming that two number ranges cannot be used for a single document type.

To the second query for user exit "USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE" which is provided by SAP as one of its modifications, the same can be used for both internal as well as external number range.

Maybe in case you let us know as to what are you trying to have two number ranges for a document, we would be in a better place to answer to your queries.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the solution is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gauravjit,

Thanks for your quick response.

The scenario is like from an external system we get a 2 char Code (they have there own code that determine some kind of hidden charges to the customer) and on that basis we need to create a Promotion deal in SAP for a specific doc type,

And the problem is that for that doc type we already have an ext number range so I am trying to have 2 different number range based on some parameters .I also came across an enhancement M06B0003 (EXIT_SAPMM06B_001) but not sure how to implement it.

Hope I am clear enough to you.

In case u want anything then u can ask me.

Thanks