cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM WS20000317 Multiple condition on PMWorkcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am putting multiple condition on &MAINTENANCENOTIFIC.MAINTENANCEORDER.PMWORKCENTER&.

Please guide me from where can i test the values of PM Work center that i need to enter in the Values block of condition

using those conditions i have to put the Usage decision step.

While i am executing the block it automatically runs the other values block.

i am also receiving the following error in SBWP

Please help me with this, i'd be thankful

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your condition is referring to &MAINTENANCENOTIFIC.MAINTENANCEORDER.PMWORKCENTER&. So this means that you need to start the workflow with a test case that has the needed PM work center value.

When you execute the test, what value is in the container for the above mentioned variable/attribute? You can see this from the technical worklow (open the container and find the above-mentioned attribute). If the value is something different (e.g. empty) that is defined in your condition, then the "others" branch will be chosen.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karri, thanks for prompt reply.

i have eneterd the value, it is referring to the workcenter object, which takes the value automatically. But still its giving me errors and not being sent to the right person as per the condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is nothing wrong with your condition (at least from technical point of view).

Start the workflow. After that run SWI1 to find the created work item(s) and open the workflow log. Find the container and from the container see what values is in the attribute MAINTENANCENOTIFIC.MAINTENANCEORDER.PMWORKCENTER. (Put a screenshot of the container here if you have some doubts).

If the attribute has one of the values that you have entered into the condition, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If there is another value or it is empty/initial, well then you know the reason for your problem...

Regards,

Karri

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

If the WF container and condition value are same, then Check if there is space in the entered value .

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help Karri,

I cannot even find the object in container. Whats wrong with this?

Please find the screenshot below.

can you please tell me where would i find my MaintainNotification Object in container in SWI1

as it is added in my container in SWDD, as shown in the screen shot below

I'd be thankful if you can help me with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are in the SWI1, select the first work item that was created (the one that has task starting with letters WS). This is the "header" work item of the workflow. Then open the container of this work item. You should be able to see the MaintenanceNotific container element there, since you have it defined in the workflow builder. Now most likely you are looking some other work item's container.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

The wi_object_id container in the log will have the instantiated value of workflow container 'maintenanceNotific'.

Have you done the event to workflow binding at Basic data --> Start event level?

The binding should like 'EVT_OBJECT' ---> 'MaitenanceNotific'.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Karri, yes i can see the object now. And the value is set to <Not Set>. Now i am looking

for the value of Workcenter in that object but cant find.

Sharing with you the screenshot of the container in SWO1 now.

Although i can find the PlanningGroup, but the issue is that one planning group can have multiple workcenters so that might end up with a conflict, thats the reason why i chose work center.

Thanks for the help so far, if you can guide me with this i'd be thankful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay.

yes i have done that. everything is working smooth. I just want to get the value of Work Center.

I am confused how to get that value. things would become easier if i get the values

Thanks

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the field in the transaction (I mean the maintenance notification transaction) for the PM work center that you want to use (for the condition in the workflow)? Do you have a some kind of functional specification about what you are doing? It should be mentioned there that "if user enters work order X, then WF should do A, or if user enters work order Y, then WF should do B". Once you know the field, only after that you can start looking for it in the WF container & object attribute. It is even possible that the field/attribute is not even available in the WF container, and you need to do some additional development to get it there.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, open SWO1, and enter the business object BUS2038 there. Instantiate it with your test case(s). When you instantiate it (with the key "notification number"), you will see which value is in each attribute etc (you can even debug the object if you want). Much easier to check things in this way, than starting workflows & investigating the workflow container. Workflow will use & instantiate the same object.

So, create maintenance notifications, play with the fields values etc. and then go to SWO1 and instantiate the object and see what happened and which attributes were populated.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Karri, you've been a wonderful guide.

I am working on the fields now, and now i know i ll get there.

if any other help is required, if you allow me, I'd come back to you with any problem if faced during this.

Thanks once again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Where did you put your conditions?

At Basic data --> Start conditions or inside the workflow builder using condition step?

Please share your condition editor screen shot for better understanding.

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply Vijay. I have put the conditions inside the workflow builder condition step

Below is the screenshot

I dont know how to test if the values are correct or not. but I checked it running iw22 in Menu -> Extras -> Changes  and i found these two values for workcenter that i am entering, which told me that these would be the values but still its not running properly. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

What is your actual business object? As per your first screen shot the BO is BUS2080. But in this business object I couldn't found any attributes with the name as Maintenanceorder.PMworkcenter.

Go to your business object and expand the attributes section and check for the attributes.

The attributes should be there in the business object & the business objects should instantiated at runtime to get the values of attributes.

Also in SWO1 transaction you can test the business object by entering the maintenance order number. Here you can find what are the attributes getting populated for particular maintenance order.

Thanks,

Vijay.