cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating mix storage unit at id point

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can I create mix storage unit at id point. When I do gr of purchase order TO is created & confirmed automatically for id point. so I want to create mix pallet at id point. How can I create it . I checked LT09 but there only one storage unit I can enter in initial screen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please help me on above.

Als can you please let me know which tcode I can use to move material from non su managed storage type to SU managed storage type.  I want to create as mix pallet & place that in su managed bin. I tried LT07 by entering warehouse number & movement ype 999 but I got message that ' select a suitable movement type'

thanks for the help

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use LT01 for bin to Bin movement from Non SU managed to SU managed, if the destination is SU managed then system will propose the new SU ,you need to remove the proposed SU and enter the existing SU number provided your configuration should support this (Mixing of material on the same SU)

However i am not clear what actually you are trying to achieve by storing multiple material on the same SU ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

LT10 is very efficient for that process.....I always wonder the same when the business likes to mix items on one SU. Perhaps they want to save on label stock and are willing to accept the inefficiency of designating specific items when they need to move select items from the mixed SU (rather then simply moving complete SU with one item by scanning the SU.

Note: with LT10 you can choose to allow the system to assign a unique SU to each material by not maintaining one during put-away in foreground. If you maintain an SU you can add all items to a single SU in one move so you could choose mixed SU or single SU. LT10 also gives you the ability to print all of the created SU by maintaining a print code and printer in the put away screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish ,

I am receiving material through RFID. So If I have 10 line items in the purchase order then I will have 10 material documents.

As I am receiving all these 10 materials on single pallet. I want to move that whole pallet to high rack area.  I want to achieve this with less efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, Can you please help me on this.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this pallet number known into the system (is the warehouse HU managed) ? 

if it is a SU managed

As per standard SAP flow the stock first comes to 902 storage type and then it goes to physical bin location.

in your case since  there are 10 different material document are there 10 different TR will be there and against each TR you are supposed to create the TO now another complexity is that physically all the material is on the same SU whereas none of the TO is confirmed yet so the SU number is still in runtime. at least one TO should get confirmed so that you can use the top up logic by using the same SU

Looking at the complexity and other operational issue (during picking) I don't suggest that you should go with this approach however you are free to design the system based on your business requirement by taking into consideration of all the pros and cons of system as well as physical operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Can you please confirm the best approach in this situation.

Answers (0)