cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iChart Pie Chart doesn't response to SelectionEvent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a pie chart. I would like to have the slices in the pie chart clickable. When one slice is selected, I would like to display the detail information in another iGrid table. I have done it with iChart Bar with no problem. However, it seems like the pie chart doesn't response to any selection on the slices, except the legend tags for the whole chart.

Did I miss some configuration?

Thank you for your advice!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the pie chart itself is not clickable. You must use the legend. Many people ask for this functionality, but it is not there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yue,

Instead of trying to click on the Chart, try clicking on the legend. It will work. It is working for me here.

Use the same Selection Event and same Javascript. And click on the <b>Legend</b>. It will display the desired Value.

For Example, i have used the below code for my SelectionEvent.

<b>document.ChartName.getChartObject().getSelectedPen();</b>

Hope this will help u.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ahamed,

i tried this. it is working for simple message like alert. but i didnt get that code in frontpage ie

document.ChartName.getChartObject().getSelectedPen();

in my system, i give same like this but it doesnt display anyhting simpl says error on page. it display only this much

document.applet.item(0)

it didnt give any further methods? what is the problem?

- senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

document.<b>ChartName</b>.getChartObject().getSelectedPen(); is working fine for me, provided that the ChartName should be replaced with your AppletName.

I cant see any other problem here.

If you can explain little more on what you really expects from this, then may be i can help you a little more

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

What are you trying to do with the SelectionEvent? Which browser are you using? What error are you getting?

Joe