cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download/Upload roles in PFCG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a system where in 300 client, CUA is configured. I'm trying to import some roles from another client 800 to 300. In SCUA(300), 800 is not the child system. We require some roles exactly in 300 from 800. I downloaded a role from 800 and uploaded in 300 and generated the profile. But when I'm trying to assign an user to it prompts to save the role first. When clicked save it's prompts this role doen't exist. I tried to assign the role in SU01 too, it shows the same error. Is it not possible to downlaod and upload any role from another client to a client where CUA is configured?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Hope the role you are uploading isn't a composite role, if it is, hope you are also downloading and uploading the single role associated to it first before you download and upload the composite role?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Avinash,

Just wondering if you can do a Local Client copy of profile "SAP_PROF" (Only Authorization Profiles and Roles) from 800 to 300?

Please let me know if this is not an option

Thanks,

Subbu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinesh

Kindly check the field distributor parameters on your role in client 800?(before downloading) refer the SCN link point number 7

BR

SS