cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Creation automatically from Work Order - SAP Work Manager 62

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario where Notification gets created automatically when we create a work order in SAP.

For this, Required configuration is already in place and Notification gets created automatically at header level when we save the work order in SAP.

We want similar requirement in Syclo as well.

When we create work order in Syclo/Mobile device, Notification should be created automatically, Which is also working.

Now the Problem is, when we create work order from syclo, it creates the notification and attaches to work order under objects tab.

It should have behave in similar fashion the way standard SAP works, which is not happening. At header level, Notification is left blank when we create it from Syclo. And its creates new notification again if we go to SAP - IW22 and save the notification.

Do we need to do any configuration to get the notification number updated at header level.

Thanks,

Madhur Kanungo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Madhur,

By default, in ECC the Notification Number of the 1st Object List will be displayed in Header.

Please try the following:

Option-1

In Agentry populate the Notification field with %00000000001 this might work - no need for java changes.

Option-2

Override the WorkOrderAddBAPI Class and setMethodHeaderParameters() (to populate IT_METHODS) to pass the Notification Number along with the WO in OBJECTKEY.

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

Why do we need to make any changes, it should work as Standard out of box solution right ?

When notification is getting created automatically via Syclo, it is not filling the Header notification field.

Thanks,

Madhur Kanungo

0 Kudos

Try simulating the same in SAP ECC in IW31. Create WO and Populate the Object list Notification Number and check the header notification number. The Notification Number is defaulted but you can override the value with a different notification number.  If your config creates the Notification by default you can try using a different Order Type.

Bottom line you need to pass the notification along with WO in IT_METHODS. The product currently only supports creation of WO for an existing Notification.  But your scenario is to create both at same time so just hardcode the value %00000000001 and it should work (a simple work around). In IW31 when you create a WO the Notification will be populated with a temp value - please copy that and use to make sure the number of zeros match.

thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

I am using SAP Work Manager 6.2 which is actually supporting creation of Notification automatically when we create work order on Mobile device.

Only issue is it is not updating header notification field.I tried adding methods but it dint worked. Can you tell me what exactly i need to pass  there.

Could be possible bug.

Hey Jason Latko Manju Venkatesha, Bill Froelich

Any thoughts on this problem?

Thanks,

Madhur Kanungo

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Madhur,

In my view i don't it is a product bug. I think your  SAP backend configuration is driving creation of notication during work order creation to some extend.  Put a break point on SAP side to and try to debug PREPARE_DATA_FOR_ORDER_CRT method of /SYCLO/CL_PM_WORKORDER2_DO class handler.   You may have to play with  certain  inputs parameters are filled during the call.

Worst case you can write your own standalone Z program calling Function Module use by  /SYCLO/CL_PM_WORKORDER2_DO  and play with  input  parameter values.

I hope this  helps.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manju,

I executed the BAPI in backed and Notification creation is happening automatically via the configuration.

When i execute BAPI - BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN with the required parameters it creates the notification automatically but not at header level.It creates the notification at object list level.

This same BAPI is used by Syclo to create work order.

Kindly let us know if there is any work around.

Please find a reference thread for similar issue -

Looking forward to hear from you on this issue.

Thanks.

Madhur Kanungo