cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in making custom themes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want one custom theme in my webdynpro application.

So, using Themes editor, I have made changes in sap_tradeshow theme and save it as different design ID. Now i want to use this Theme. But where i have to put this theme or how to deploy it on server?

I know the path where all standard themes are, and i know how to use those themes in my webdynpro application. But i don't know how can i use my new custom theme?

So, if anybody know then please help me.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What theme folder are using ? I guess its NW04Stack09Themes. Are u using service pack 9. If u r using sp11 there will be some problems.

And if its searching for a file called ur_ie.css ,did u check if the particular file is the ur folder inside your themes. IF its not there -> go to the NDS and try to use generate for browsers and design parts option and then save the theme..

Check them and give the status

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I encountered the same problem - the files structure (i.e. files and folders hierarchy) in the custom theme, generated by the theme editor, is very different from the themes on the server. What ever custom themes I put on the server does not work.

Any Ideas of what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Nachshon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There should not be in problem in that. Well Say u created a theme in Portal. Just download the theme as a zip file. Once that is done using the WebDynpro Theme Editor open the zip file as a new Theme in Webdynpro and then generate the theme. Then do an export of the theme. This will give you a folder name. Place that in the directory mentioned above. Now for testing your webdynpro application what you do is "Run the application" with the url parameter sap-cssurl=http://serverpath//theme" This path would be the one i had mentioned above.

That should be able to help you

But even then some ui elements might not be displayed propertly. Dont know why that happens. Strangely this behaviour does not happen for all the themes :).

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm not using the portal at all, this is a stand alone WD application.

The custom theme I made is based on the template sap_tradeshow, exists in the theme editor. The steps I do:

1. open the Themes Editor.

2. Create a theme new project.

3. copy theme sap_tradeshow to a new theme.

4. make custom changes and save.

5. Generate

6. export to a zip file.

7. extract zip file on server themes folder (where the all other themes resides) .

the result theme does not resemble the standard themes in that folder.

Regards,

Nachshon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nachshon,

As long as you get the "common", "r" and "ur" folder you don't have to worry.

Once you extracted the theme. Do the following steps.

1. Open the "Visual Administrator"

2. Goto the "Configuration Adapter" node (J2E --> Server 0 <Some number> --> Services --> Configuration Adapter)

3. Click the "Runtime" tab --> "Display configuration" tab

4. Expand the node "Configurations" --> "webdynpro" --> "sap.com" --> "tcwddispwda"

5. Switch to edit mode (Just below the "Display configuration" tab there will be an icon)

6. Double click the "Propertysheet default"

7. Set the "sap.theme.default" property (in the custom text area), http://<<server_name>>:<<port>>/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<<theme_name>>

8. Set the "sap.useWebDynproStyleSheet" property "true".

9. Restart the server and all your webdynpro applications will have the new theme.

If you want to test the application instantly without setting all these options, then execute the existing webdynpro application add the sap-cssurl=<<theme url>>

http://<<server_name>>:<<port>>/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/<<component>>/<<AppName>>?SAPtestId=1&sap...wddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<<theme_name>>

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavika,

I suggest you to go through http://service.sap.com/notes ->779659

also go through this forim

hope your problem solved..

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik

You will have to generate your custom theme and then right click and export your theme as a zip file.

Then extract the Zip file to a folder.Copy the extracted files into the folder

C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global\SSR\themes

Then give the path in your Visual Admin --> Configuration Adapter --> WebDynpro >tcwddispwda> default.properties

Type the path as the following.

http://<machine_Name>:50000/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/sap_chrome

and also set the property useWebDynproStyleSheet property to true and then restart your J2EE server.

Hope that helps you. Let me know if you require more inputs

regards

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have created the custom theme and deployed it as you mentioned. But still it's not working.

Folder structures for custom theme and SAP_Chrome are different. SAP J2EE engine is loading a file called "ur_ie6.css" which is not there in the created theme.

Can you please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat

what do you mean when you say Folder structures for custom theme and SAP_CHROME are different. Did you use the custom theme created in EP or what. Can you tell me the steps of what exactly you did.

regards

ravi