cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masterthesis or Internship Topic for SAP BASIS /SAP HANA/Solman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am student and i need some  topics for my Internship and thesis  in  SAP BASIS or SAP HANA or Solution Manager.

Could you please suggest some Topics for SAP BASIS ,SAP HANA and Solman?

Thanks & Regards

Bira

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Can you please suggest some topic in SAP BASIS for Internship?That would be great.For Thesis,i would  do on SAP HANA cloud .Actually, my Professor don't specialize in this Area.So i need to search topic self and present to him.

All others SCN member comments are welcome

Thanks & Regards

Biral

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Biral,

With help, as an intern, a system installation and later a release upgrade can be done easily in my opinion. One can learn a lot from that. I would vote for this.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

You mean for SAP BASIS Internship :I can choose System Installation,Release change or Upgrade which will benefit me. Right?

Thanks& Regards

Biral

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly. These are common tasks the SAP admins/consultants face time to time. Gives you a good knowledge about foundation, etc.,  requires minimum resources, you just need a machine and the software. First install, then upgrade, then release change. In this order. If you have time you can do all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

I agree with you  completely.

Company has consultants and they  have already some topics but  they asked me  to find myself also .Also consult my university.

For Internship ,there is no  specific requirement .I would like to do Internship (6 months) and then later thesis.I was just thinking ,if both topic would be same that would be great otherwise its okay.I have  some know-how of SAP BASIS.

What about i do Internship in some topic in SAP BASIS and later Master thesis in SAP HANA?Would this option would be good for my future?

Thanks&Regards

Biral

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like a plan. Basis knowledge is important, so no harm can be done if you choose a topic there.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks @ Sourav and Peter. Yes.HANA  Cloud could be nice topic.What could be specific topic with context? I have knowledge in SAP BASIS.So i think for SAP HANA and Solman ,i need to know more about SAP BASIS.Don't you think?Do you have some topic ideas in SAP BASIS?

@About SAP BASIS Topic:I thought about OSDB migration or Release change or Upgrade of SAP System.

Thanks & Regards

Biral

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Biral,

I do not know the requirements of your thesis work, but a "simple" migration or upgrade might not be suitable as these tasks are well documented. As far as I know, for master thesis you need to develop/create something on your own and document your findings, etc. For this a most important is to find a consultant that can guide you. The consultant is more important than the topic .

But as far as the topic is concerned, I think, cloud solutions powered by HANA is the most interesing nowdays (apart from the mobile apps.). I personally find interesting what questions/concerns customers have when they switch to a cloud solution from the conventional (on-premise) solution.

To sum up, it is easier to find the consultant first who can help you find the topic, rather than define the topic and find the consultant for it. If you know what I mean.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Biral,

Hana on Cloud as well as Run SAP Like a Factory approach or ChaRM could be very good topics in Solution Manager.

Regds,

Sourav

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bira,

Cloud is a hot topic now. That is the future. If I were a student I would be interested in cloud and HANA.

Regards,

Peter