Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show settlement from / to date from contract billing plan onto billing document

Ellie_Ge
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

My customer uses contract with billing plan, for one item in contract, there will be multiple entries for each billing periods according to the billing plan. Billing document is then generated based on each billing dates. The requirement here is to show "settlement from date" and "settlement to date" from each billing period in the billing plan onto the corresponding billing document.

I'm considering if I can use copy control for billing document from sales document to achieve this, but I'm not quite sure whether it's feasible and what will be the detailed procedure to achieve this.

In case copy control is not the approach to go for, is there any bapi / badi I can use in standard?

It will be highly appreicated if you can share some ideas with me to better fulfill this requirements.

Many thanks,

Ellie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ellie,

As per my understanding we don't have fields were in system will capture the billing plan period at invoice header level.

To make this happen you need to add two custom fields at invoice (billing document VBRK table) header level.

Once done you need to customize copy control (make changes to copy control routine) so that system will copy billing plan data on to subsequent invoice based on the billing date.

I have few open points:

1. Do you generate separate invoice for each billing plan line item or do they get combined any time. If they do get combined then the above solution might not work. So you need to make sure system splits the invoice and generates separate invoice for each billing plan line item.

2. Do you want the billing plan period at invoice level or invoice output level. If the requirement is just to display at the output level then you need to make changes to output rather than going with above solution.

Regards,

Naveen K.

Ellie_Ge
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen K.

Thank you very much for your reply! I just found standard fields for billing period at item level in the billing document and I think it makes sense to keep them at item level, because if in any case the customer generates one invoice for multiple line items in the contract on the same billing date, there is still chance that each item may have different billing period.

The customer may consider to add billing period info into item description in the billing document, do you know which bapi I could use to put the z-logic in, by the time billing document is created?

And as you mentioned if we just want to change the output, e.g. if we want to pull billing period info into desciption field by the time output is generated, should the z-logic be put into the Smartform / EDI part?

Many thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Ellie