cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock changes to old sale orders

0 Kudos

Hello

Our credit management is on Sale Orders. I would like to lock all old sale orders for changes other than current month.

How it can be possible?

Regards,

RSA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can use User Status profile . Create user status profile with status as LOCK in OIBS transaction code and double click on the status, It will lead you to Business transaction screen where you can forbid changes to the Sales order. Once this status is active at your sales document, user cannot change this sales order until it is removed

This can be assigned to your sales document types in VOV8 and can be assigned to authorization profile. By doing this only concerned team will be able to release the lock or Unlock who have authorization

please check this and revert if you need any further help

thanks

santosh

0 Kudos

I'll get back to you on this soon.

Thanks!

RSA

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

santosh thanks for your post!

With your suggestion (assigning status profile to the sales order type etc.) changes to orders can only be done when the order is unlocked. But requirement is change should be possible for a period (first month) and then no changes. So do you suggest to unlock orders initially (as all orders will be locked automatically) and then lock these after one month?

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

The requirement I think is to lock sales orders which were created in any previous month than the current month.

So if the sales order creation month is not the current month, then those should be locked for modification

THanks

Jobi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jobi, you are correct! thanks! TW

0 Kudos

The reason to lock sale orders is that end user often change old sale orders and that have impact on credit management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, The only way i can think off is to use an enhancement in your situation. You may want to write a logic in one of the user exits. I can think of MV45AFZZ at USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE. Here you can put a logic to check if the SO has been completely delivered or if SO has been created for the previous month. If so, you can give a hard stop from saving the document. (or you can put your logic).

However, let me ask you this, if there is a mistake in the sales order that was created say previous month and it needs a correction in either quantity or price or any other field, how will you handle that situation? You may want to think about it even before you plan this enhancement.

Normally any update to quantity or price is handled by credit management automatically. So, i am wondering, how is the change to sales order effecting it.

Hope this helps....

Regards,

Mukund S