cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS configurATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing the initial SolMan config... Using SPRO, trying to create the Communication with SAP Service & Support : "The RFC connection SAPOSS is checked. If it is OK, it is used as the template for the RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01. An S user with password is put in these RFCs."

When I try to setup the new user and have it create the RFC connections, it errors out and says for me to check my SAPOSS connection, when I do that, my SAPOSS conection is AOK, when I run a connection test it is successful and I can even run the Remote Logon and get a login screen. I tried putting in entries into saprouttab for the new solman server, but when I do that, the remote logon no longer functions and I still get the same errors.. What the heck is wrong ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same problem yesterday. This is what I did:

Run transaction DSWP.

Use menu Goto->Global Settings (or Shift+f9).

Click on the connection to SAP tab.

Click on the pencil.

Make a change (like retype your "S" number and password), it won't matter if you use the same thing, you just need to make the system think there is a change.

Here is the part that makes it all work:

When you are done, do not click the green check, instead, click the pencil again. You should be prompted to "Save" your entries. Save your entries, then go back to SM59.

Now you should see your 2 new RFC connections to SAP.

Hope this helps.

Tom McNabb

Former Member
0 Kudos

in SM59 you have 3 connections.

SAP-OSS

whit your S000XXX user and client 001

and

SAPOSS

whit user OSS_RFC and client 001 ???

if you have problems remove this conections and recreate.

In OSS1 Txcode for SAPOSS and in Txcode DSWP --> Edit --> Global Settings (put again your S user) .

Remember put your oss user in Txcode AISUSER linked whit your sap user.

Tell me if work..

see you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only have the SAPOSS connection that came with the instalation. When I run the wizard from transaction SPRO, it is supposed to create as indicated by the following text the Wizard generates "The RFC connection SAPOSS is checked. If it is OK, it is used as the template for the RFC connections SAP-OSS and SAP-OSS-LIST-O01. An S user with password is put in these RFCs."

However it always errors out saying as follows : "Error creating communication to SAP Service and Support

Message no. IMG_FASTCONF004

Diagnosis

Error creating communication to SAP Service and Support."

If I check SM59 for the exisitng SAPOSS connection it appears to be OK. Hwoever it never creates the other conection or the new S-User when I go through the wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please check your application log in transaction SLG1. There you should find more information about this error message, which you can post here.

It seems, that an error appears by creating the new RFC-destinations.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lloyd,

It automatically creates the 2 RFC`s using SAPOSS as a template only when you update the S user ID and URl in Solution_Manager Tcode, Edit->Global Config.

When you are done with the update and save that, it generates the two RFC`s if the SAPOSS is working. Also in that window, ensure the RFC to be used is SAPOSS.

Before saving, you can also click the check connection button.

Regards,

P. Kumaravel.

Ps: award points for useful answers.