cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom field to Item "With Free Description" view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to add a custom and a standard field to the view V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE (Item with free descrioption).

After adding the two fields the standard field (PARTNER_PROD) and its label are visible, but the custom field and its label are not visible.

The custom field have been added to the dictionary structure /SAPSRM/S_CLL_WD_SC_I_BD->BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_D->BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU->INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC->ZAINCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF_SC

and are thereby avaliable in the context node DESCRIBE_ITEM of view V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE

Are any other steps necessary to make the custom field visible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

Did you also set the metadata for the custom field, after adding it to the structure?

Also, if the custom field is a database field, you should be adding it to the other structure INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF.

Perform these two steps and let us know thereafter.

Regards,
Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your reply. It seems the original post is a bit confusing. It should start by saying that I want to add two fields (a standard field and a custom field).

Regarding metadata I bound the context field to the checked attribute of the view field. (Not sure if that is what you mean)

The field is appearing on the stadard shopping cart display WDA on the details tab, so yes it has been added to the INCL_EEW_PD_ITEM_CSF structure.

Regards

Mikael