cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM 5.0 - Add project custom fields to the worklist (ALV)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

is there any possibility to add the custom fields of the project head (DPO) to the project worklist?

As you can see the worklist has columns for the project description, the system status, etc. in the standard configuration.

Now we want to add columns for our customer fields that are available on the project head as a column to this overview.

I've searched for BAdI's and Enhancement Points, etc. but I didn't find anything that fits to this requirement (For example note 1417134).

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Fabian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

Note 971394 explains the steps for adding custom fields to the project dashboard.

Best regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

thank you very much. The note helped me to show the fields.

I've another to questions that belong to fields in the worklist. I can't see the responsible and the status of the project in the worklist although they are maintained in the project it self and the project cause is not available in the worklist. Do I have to add this column via the same method like the customer fields?

Is there any possibilty to add the customer fields also to the item overview in the bucket on the portfolio management side?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Fabian

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

The "responsible" and "status" fields are populated in the project dashboard only if and when a relevant evaluation is carried out.

E.g.:

The value of "Responsible Person" will only be shown in the project dashboard if the field is assigned to an evaluation layout which is itself assigned to a valid extract layout, and if the evaluation has been carried out.

This means that you need check the following:

1) Check the customizing:

SPRO
> SAP Portfolio and Project Management
> Project Management
  > Evaluations
     (all subnodes)

here you must ensure that:
- you have assigned a valid extract layout to the relevant project type
- attribute RESPONSIBLES has been assigned to this extract layout
- an active evaluation has been assigned to this extract layout.

2) Check the customizing "Define Project Types":

In the relevant project type you should choose "Background Processing, User, Save" in the dropdown for field "Check for Threshold Value Violations". This will ensure that the dashboard data is updated also every time the project is saved in the frontend (otherwise you would
need to trigger the evaluation manually in the background by running report DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO for the project).

Thereafter you should see that this field is updated to the dashboard as soon as you save the project in the frontend. The same applies to field "Status" or any other field which is populated in the dashboard via the evaluation layouts.

Please open a separate thread for any questions concerning the item dashboard (this helps keep the threads tidy and makes it easier for users to find useful threads via future searches).

Best regards
Francesco

Answers (0)