cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad Integration with SAP Portal 7.4

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are required to integrate Fiori Launchpad with SAP Portal 7.4 .

Server details:

Release: NW731CORE_14_REL
SP: 09
JDK: jdk16

We have tried Fiori Launchpad integration using  both URL IView and Fiori IView but in both cases the launchpad though successfully integrated does not open in the portal content area where as when clicked on Open in New Window ,it is opening into the fiori launchpad successfully.Need to know if there is a workaround solution developed for this by anyone who has worked on Fiori -SAP Portal 7.4 Integration?

Thanks ,

Nimisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Portal FLP, although similar to look and feel of the Fiori Launchpad in ABAP, is built on a different technology. As Lawrence mentioned, it is by itself a framework and the ABAP counterpart is kind of its own framework.If you intend to render the ABAP FLP as a URL iview within the Portal, though it may work but I think you might be using it wrong.

So either you use Portal FLP or use the ABAP FLP.

If you do want to use Portal FLP, then get at least 7.4 SPS10 to get the feature that you want - which is "launch iviews in place"

0 Kudos

Thank You Donald. Do you  have any relevant document/link regarding the same for Portal FLP apart from the link Lawrence had shared which might be helpful in this case?If so ,can you please share it?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Donald, this:

If you do want to use Portal FLP, then get at least 7.4 SPS10 to get the feature that you want - which is "launch iviews in place"

sounds like something Nimisha would like to do? Unfortunately Im not able to find any informations about this excepting short reference here

How does it works? Is this documentated somewhere? I have a local EP 7.4 SP9, which apparently cant do this... Thanks,

cheers

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nimisha,

Try passing the parameter IE=EmulateIE10 and see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Had tried that while using the URL IView approach.

Didnot work.

Thanks,

Nimisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to open fiori/Ui5 iView (SRM Launchpad) in Portal Fiori Desktop via Desktop/iPhone /Tablet/Smartphone. As a result we found there is no fiori/Ui5 is available (Tiles) in Catalog page while we are checking SAP Portal (Fiori Desktop) via iPhone & Android  .

System Information-

SAP Portal- EP 7.4 SP 9 Patch0000

SAP Gateway- SRM ADD ON 1 SP 6

SAP UI5 in portal-1.24

SAP UI5 Fiori-1.28.

We are facing issues  as given below . Please advise us on problem summery as given below

1-    Configured Fiori/ui5 iView in portal is not available in Catalog Page (Portal Fiori Desktop) via iPhone & Android phone.

2-    If we are checking same via Desktop & Tablet , Fiori/Ui5 iViews(Tile) are available in catalog page  but while clicking on Fiori /UI5 iView (Tile’s in Catalog page) in Portal, It is opening with two windows simultaneously  with Blank page.

Best Regards,

SUdhir Jati

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing same issue , Please guide how to achieve ...

Best Regards,

Sudhir jati

Former Member
0 Kudos

FLP provides an own framework and wont open in the content area of EP

cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I understand FLP has its own framework but through the approach of  using URL IView for integration we have seen that other websites such as Google can be opened in the portal content area.Though in this case ,it is not working .Could you please elaborate on the reason for the same?

Thanks,

Nimisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nimisha, obviuosly I dont understand your use case properly. There is no content are in FLP afaik. I guess what you would like to do is:

cheers