cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend Inventory Management (0IC_C03) with new field MSEG-INSMK

moha_nan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, We are using Business Content InfoCube "Material stocks/movements" (0IC_C03) in Area "Inventory Controlling/Inventory Management" in BW. We are using following Business Content DataSources: Stock Initialization for Inventory Management              2LIS_03_BX Goods Movements From Inventory Management        2LIS_03_BF Revaluations                                                            2LIS_03_UM Everything works fine with delta load till now. Now we have a new requirement so that we have to fill additionally the R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK in existing Inventory Management InfoCube (0IC_C03). The Business Content DataSource (2LIS_03_BX/BF/UM) doesn't provide R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK and I don't find any other Datasource for the R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK ("Document Segment: Material" - Stock Type). How can we extend the InfoCube 0IC_C03 with the R/3-Field MSEG-INSMK? Should I define a new Generic Datasource based on the table MSEG to extract the field INSMK. The table MSEG is very large. What would be Delta-Specific Field for Generic Delta? I would load the data from generic DataSource into a new DSO. And I can read the field MSEG-INSMK per Look-Up from the DSO in the transformation to the InfoCube 0IC_C03. Is this the solution? Many Thanks Moha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185132
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2LIS_03_BX cannot be enhanced. There is an SAP note that says enhancing this Datasource is not supported.

2LIS_03_BF can be enhanced though, and the process is just like enhancing any other LO Datasource.

So you can include the new field in the cube, enhance BF and load to the cube. With this, you will be able to report the INSMK field on the goods movements. But as INSMK is not present in BX, you will not be able to report the INSMK field on stock position reports.