Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher log - Interrupted due to Invalid Semaphore

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your help in understanding one of the errors in dispatcher logs.

Our dispatcher logs are filled with this error "Interrupted due to invalid semaphore". Now we would like to know if anyone else have got this error and if they have resolved. Our dispatchers are working fine so its not a show stopper. I found a thread on this where Chris suggested to check if there is other dispatcher in same name.

I checked it and we don't have two dispatchers in same name however we have two run times, one for windows and one for java for each dispatcher.

Is that causing the issue? Any info would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,
              you can check that you do not have two dispatchers both set for the housekeeping option evaluate links as you only need one.

Regards,

Chris

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We have all our dispatchers set to execute the housekeeping tasks. I will remove "Evaluate Links" housekeeping for one of the dispatchers and check if it disappears from the dispatcher log. Thanks for your inputs.

Kind regards,

Jai

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jai,
              it doesn't really make any sense to have all dispatchers set for housekeeping rather just have one dispatcher set to run all housekeeping tasks. Multiple dispatchers do not improve performance of these activities. I'm assuming here that you are running on 7.2 SP7 or higher.

Regards,

Chris

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

As I said, we had all our dispatchers to execute "Evaluate links". As per your recommendation, I unchecked this option in two of the dispatchers and since then they never appear in dispatcher log with "Interrupted due to Invalid Semaphore" error. Hence resolved. Thanks for your attention on this issue.

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great to hear 🙂

Regards,

Chris

jaisuryan
Active Contributor