cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate repositories between database

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have 2 BOBJ system (1=BOBJ Enterprise) and (2=IPS/IS/DS) on Windows with SQL Server. Planning to migrate those systems to Linux with Sybase database.

Could you please help me how to migrate data across databases.

1) BOBJ Enterprise

I will use Promotion management or BIAR file option to export/import data. I dont have any issues with this point.

2) IPS Data ?

Does IPS have any data in it?

How to export IPS Data if data exists?

3) Data Services Repository migration

I have 10 repositories in source system (win+sql). How to move those 10 repositories to target system (Linux+sybase).

Is it possible to move 10 repostories data of source into one repository on target system.

3)  What kind of data will be there in Information steward?

How to export/import data of IS (win+sql) to (linux+sybase)

Let me know if you have suggestions for this task.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Were you able to perform such migration?, specifically for Information Steward repository, I'm in the same scenario, WinSQL -> Sybase ASE.

Any feedback will be apperaciated.

Thanks and regards!

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Regarding your query below is the detail:

1) BOBJ Enterprise

I will use Promotion management or BIAR file option to export/import data. I dont have any issues with this point.

Solution: You have to options:
Option I: Use database latest backup and deployed in new schema/database + Offline FRS backup.
Option II: Create new blank schema/database + Offline FRS backup + Promotion Manager or BIAR File

2) IPS Data ?

Does IPS have any data in it?

Solution: Yes IPS is mini BOE applictaion so please take the backup of CMS & AUDIT schema/database and deploy in new environment.

If you are using Information steward then fileRepository Offline backup is mandatory.

How to export IPS Data if data exists?

Solution: Use schema/database import export method, Please contact DBA

3) Data Services Repository migration

I have 10 repositories in source system (win+sql). How to move those 10 repositories to target system (Linux+sybase).

Is it possible to move 10 repostories data of source into one repository on target system.

Solution: Use schema/database import export method, Please contact DBA.

Then use SAP Business Objects Repository manager with below steps:
(a) Create blank schema/database in Sybase
(b) Using Import/Export move the content from Old environment to New Environment.

3)  What kind of data will be there in Information steward?
     How to export/import data of IS (win+sql) to (linux+sybase)

Solution: Use schema/database import export method, Please contact DBA
Copy lastest Filerepository backup from Old environment to New Environment.

All the enhancement related to address directory (Infiormation steward) data is stored in Filestore, Please refer below KBA & article for more detail

1773657 - How to migrate Information Steward repository - 4.1 and up
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1773657

Information Steward FAQs
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Information+Steward+FAQs

Hope this will help!!!!

Thanks,
Daya

0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I spoke to DBA but didn't got correct info from him. I am not sure if we can use schema export/import between database. i.e.  (From SQL Server 2008 to Sybase ASE)

Is there any other alternate option other than schema export/import to take DS repository from SQL to Sybase.

Regards,

Kumar

former_member18162
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

One comment on:

(a) Create blank schema/database in Sybase

(b) Using Import/Export move the content from Old environment to New Environment.

In support we've seen issues using this method in regards to datatypes. I don't know if this is functionality issue in DS or not. Going from Oracle to DB2, for example, is not a smooth ride

I makes me wonder if the solution would be to use some form of db tool to do the db conversion outside of the DS product first. I'm not a DBA, so I'm not familiar with what's available.

Unfortunately there seems to be little reliable documention regarding what to do if you are changing db types, but I can say this is something we've recently been trying to work through to come up with the most reliable method.

Once we've got it sorted out, I'll upgrade my Wiki with the information:

Best Practices for upgrading older Data Integrator or Data Services repositories to Data Services 4....

Cheers!
Julie

0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Were you able to sort it out? I mean the migration to different DBMS, my case is from WinSQL to Sybase.

Regards!