cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Interface Technology for SAP SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SAP SRM and I have some queries on UI technology used for various versions.

1) What is difference between SRM portal developed in ABAP Webdynpro and Java Webdynpro? Is there any way to recognise the technology used in SRM portal.

2) Does SRM 7.0 supports only ABAP webdynpro or any other technology is also used?

Regards,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prianka,

1) Portal is only a navigation for SRM (except UWL for Workflow inbox).

2) SRM uses mainly WebDynpro ABAP and can use SAPUI5 for shopping cart creation (option with WebDynpro is still available).

SRM can work without Portal via NWBC

SRM has Workflow Inbox (built with WDA) to replace portals UWL.

SUS as a part of SRM uses BSP instead of WebDynpro ABAP

SRM can use Fiori apps for certain functions.

SRM doesn't use JAVA as an UI technology.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Konstantin,

I am having the below link to access the SRM portal

http://srmserver.domain.com:30000/irj/portal

In this link there is irj which is view run time for java. Does this mean that SRM is in java web dynpro? or it has no relevance with the UI of SRM

Regards,

Priyanka

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

portal runs with Java, SRM not.

You can start srm also without the portal... the link will be

http://srmserver.domain.com:...../sap/bw/nwbc/srm

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Does this mean that when we run SRM using Portal, then java will be used just for portal? However, underlying technology used for SRM will be ABAP webdynpro.

I have also added screenshot of SRM portal that I am using. Could you please check that and let me know what all technologies are being used here.

Regards,

Priyanka

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first image - WebDynpro in frame of Portal (small borders on the top and on the left).

second image - UWL - Portal Java application, which is general for WF inbox - so, not only SRM, but any system, which implements the connector interface.

as I wrote:

SRM has Workflow Inbox (built with WDA) to replace portals UWL.

Regards

Konstantin

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

The easiest way to take difference between Java and Web Dynpro technology is right click above the content. If for right click a pop-up occurs containing 'Technical information' / 'More field help' than it is a Web Dnypro content. With this help you can check what View of which Component is displayed on the UI.

Portal is Java based, you can connect SRM Web Dynpro content to your Java portal with the help of Portal Roles. Standard SRM Portal Roles provided by SRM BP contains standard portal iViews which have the task to display SRM Web Dynpro ABAP Content.

Best regards,
Otto