cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about abap/heaplimit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is related to NW04 on AIX and Oracle 10.2.

I want to find out that how often the WP is restarting. It is based on either disp/wp_auto_restart or heaplimit parameter. The help.sap.com link as follows -

To determine how many work processes are restarted, use the Computing Center Management System (CCMS) (transaction RZ20). Note that the column Err in the Work Process Overview (transaction SM50) does not refer to work processes that are restarted.

I could not find it on RZ20 or RZ03.

Please let me know if anybody has an indea about it.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Sume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sume,

You will find information in the help page below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9c/f78b3ba19dfe47e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please do following steps:

- Access transaction RZ20

- Expand the node SAP CCMS Monitor Templates

- Double-click on Entire System

- Expand the node <SID>

- Expand the R/3 Services node

- Expand the Work process type node that you want. For example: Dialog

- Expand the <instance name> node

There you will see the MTE EndedWpDIA.

Please check the help page for more information about each MTE.

Best regards,

Rafael Toshiaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to find the details about it and it looks like this is also a restart after error as it reads in the help.sap.com link -

Number of dialog work processes terminated after an error; you can use the process overview (transaction SM50) to determine whether a work process should be restarted after an error.

I need a number which says that it was restarted after the time mentioned in rdisp/wp_auto_restart has reached or the limit abap/heaplimit is reached. So far I could find only in the WP trace file. It does mention there the cause of restart. But I am still not able to find the total number of restart.

Please let me know if anybody has any idea.

Thank you.

Sume