cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to consume forecast by incoming Sales orders(or other incoming customer demand) in Demand planning. Both forecast and Sales are time series key figures in the DP planning area. This functionality is available in SNP but not in DP. I have tried to use/debug DEMAND_CALC function in DP but the results are not as expected. It seems like this function is using order series Key figures that are not available in DP. Has anyone else enabled similar forecast consumption functionality in Demand planning ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

One small suggestion, You can calculate the Forecast netting by considering (Demand Forecast) - (Sales order/Customer demand) in Demand Planning and release Netted Forecast to SNP.

but in SNP don't consider this (Sales order/Customer demand) again

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

You are right, there is no consumption logic in DP. It is only in SNP. Wonder what your requirement is. If we can know more, you can get more ideas from the group here.

I will share my experience:

At one of my clients, there was a request for consumption in DP so that the final forecast can be released to SNP, instead of releasing forecast to SNP and then consume there.We had strategy 20 in ECC = 10 in APO and it did not support consumption. Not sure if your situation is the same.

We had a consumption logic in DP through a macro but that was a huge macro and the results were often contentious.  We tried to replicate the same SNP consumption in DP but the problem was that the sales orders were not real time in DP and the consumption was outdated.

We tried what Marius suggested, releasing SNP orders to DP and consume but the forecast in DP had to be frozen for longer periods that DP team complained they are loosing flexibility and is increasing forecast error or we keep the macro default to reflect changes and then consume but that slowed down planning books considerably..

We finally gave up the DP macro and changed our strategy to 40 in ECC = 20 in APO that let consumption happen in SNP and that has been lot more consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Try to release the Sale Orders from SNP key figure to demand planning in a specific DP planning book key figure using /SAPAPO/LCOUT.

Then you can create a macro to consume the forecast.

I never did this before but you can try!

Thanks,

Marius