cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana Repository Translation Tool

Former Member

Hi,

I am using RTT tool to export XLIFF files for HANA models. I need to convert the texts in French Language. As part of help documentation SAP has recommended using ABAP translation system. However the command to do automatic export from HANA database and import into ABAP translation system is for SAP internal use.

I need some help in uploading these XLIFF files manually into ABAP system and use transaction se63 for doing the translation. If anyone has done something like this in their project please let me know.

Thanks,

Aamod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

We ended up writing a custom tool to merge the translations from an Excel file back to the XLIFF files, which is available here.

amazedsaint/xliffy · GitHub

andrea_davoli83
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamod,

did you find an answer to your question?

I'm in the same boat righ now; export in my local machine with rtt procedure goes right but upload into SAP Translation System goes wrong and I suppose that the best way is to manually upload into SE63.

Thanks thousand

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

We had a ticket opened with SAP. They replied that the direct upload in ABAP translation tool is for SAP internal use. Also there is no way to manually upload the file in ABAP system for translation. Only way out is to use 3rd party tool to manually translate the text.

Thanks,

Aamod

andrea_davoli83
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aamod,

thanks for your reply, I've a ticked opened too but I don't know how import xlf file into translation system.

Which 3rd party tool do you use for translation?

My xlf had a structure like xml file; what structure should be have the translated xlf file?

Thanks thousand

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !

That's true, you can use a 3rd party tool to translate your XLIFF files. XLIFF is a standard translation format, so there is a lot of free tools to manage tese files (for example Virtaal : Link to Virtaal).

To translate your HANA labels, follow these steps :

• With RTT, launch the command to export your XLIFF files : rtt --export
  • You now have your XLIFF files. You can open them and translate them with Virtaal (or any other tool)
  • Then, after translation, edit your XLIFF files :
    • Rename your files to add a dash and the ISO language code. For example, a file named AN_VIEW.xlf should be renamed AN_VIEW-fr.xlf.
    • In the <file> tag, add the parameter target-language. The tag should look like that :

<file datatype="plaintext" date="2013-12-05T08:27:26Z" original="sap.hba.grc.AccessControlActionUsageSummaryQuery.calculationview" source-language="en" target-language="fr-FR">

• Then, you can import your XLIFF files with RTT : rtt --import

We tried it and it's working fine.