Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification of Print Setting

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

I am facing an Issue, We have uploaded the various document is with different sizes like portrait and landscape. Now I have to take multiple prints from CV04N, so system should automatically identify weather it is a Portrait or Landscape and the print should come in the same way.

Can we achieve this functionality as the system should identify the document type and have the print.

Appreciate for quick reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this requirement can be solved by a 3rd party product for DMS output management better.

Including rotation, scaling, stamping, and merging douments.

If you still want to do this, then this depends on the used file format and the assigned printing application.

For example:

Your file is a TIFF drawing, like test.tif, then the printing application can be the local installed Microsoft TIF printing application. Keep in mind, that the printing process will run local on the users computer and not on the WebAS.

The printing is executed for each selected document. No easy way to merge the printings.

You need a script which controlls the analyzing of the format and orientation, the configuration of the local Printer and the Setup of the printing application.

Then you have to configure the call of the printing application to catch the print Event to the script.

Then you have to analyze the TIFF on portrait/landscape by getting the width/height out of the TIFF header and configure the printing application in your way.

There is a lot to do ....

Regards,

Markus

P.S. pls rate if this was helpful ...