cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple webdispatchers pointing on same instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Think I'm experiencing an issue about admin configuration in my developments.

I explain the situation.

SAP BW7.4 has parameter icm/host_name_full pointing on the local webdispatcher of the system.

But there is another webdispatcher installed on DMZ pointing on the same instance.

Here is my scenario and the problems occuring related to it.

I developed some webdynpro abap (WDA) on the system and these WDA are triggered with url related to DMZ webdispatcher. So users trigger this WDA pointing to DMZ webdispatcher. When they click on a button, it redirects to another WDA which switches on local webdispatcher... System asks them to log again as no cookie is found matching the local webdispatcher.

So here are my questions :

• Can we have multiple webdispatchers pointing on same instance ? What are the possible conflicts with ICM configuration and more precisely the configuration of variable icm/host_name_full ?
  • What are the common configurations ? 1 Dispatcher for multiple instances for load balancing. So relation Web Dispatcher -> NW instances could be 1 : N ?
  • Is relation NW instance -> Web Dispatcher 1:1 ?

Thanks for your dear help,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we have multiple webdispatchers pointing on same instance ?

Yes, you can have. But, why do you want to point multiple webdispatcher to single instance

2. Yes, a single webdisptcher can be used for multiple instance. you just need to wdisp/* paramters in webdispatcher profile .

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any  known reason why you have a second webdispatcher  ( Local webdispatcher )  ? And is it running on the the same server as your message server ?

If there is no known reason for using the  local webdispatcher  why not  stop it ?

Web dispatcher can be used to  load balance between multiple servers  / or you could use cascaded webdispatchers for one  Netweaver instance  [ there is no 1 to 1 relationships ]

Check the following Note , Believe something might not be right with your setup

740234 - Cascade of SAP Web Dispatchers

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kris,

• Can we have multiple webdispatchers pointing on same instance ? What are the possible conflicts with ICM configuration and more precisely the configuration of variableicm/host_name_full ? - Yes we can, what conflict could arise, haven't understood it. Web dispatcher is like a reverse proxy.
  • What are the common configurations ? 1 Dispatcher for multiple instances for load balancing. So relation Web Dispatcher -> NW instances could be 1 : N ? Check this link - SAP Web Dispatcher for Multiple Systems - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library
  • Is relation NW instance -> Web Dispatcher 1:1 ? - No as explained in the link above.

Regards,

Siddhesh