cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Implementation Costs (interface development/administration/configuratio)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I need to make a reasonable stab at estimating the cost of implementing XI as a platform to integrate with just one non-SAP software package. The integration would require about 15 interfaces with the majority of those being low volume standard business content (customers, materials, orders...). I realize the final tally would include the influence of multiple variables, but a best guess of time and resources needed per interface, software implementation/configuration, and ongoing administration requirements would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to post described above I can give you short estimation for effort required:

Interface Development: average 30 Hrs per interface

XI installation: 3-5 days.

Administration and configuration SLD etc: 24 hrs total.

Ongoing administration: initially 1 hrs per interface per day and after stability 1 hrs per day for all interface.

It is good idea to discuss it with some experienced XI developer in your organization and then add 20% into it.

If you give some more information then maybe we can help you further.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay John,

First let me start by saying that the answer you looking for cannot be found, you have way too many variables in there.

after that said lets get to work with a few question that will give you a general idea of the data you need to get to be able to answer this question :

1) you need to install and configure an SAP XI system (ssuming you don't have one): that's between 3 and 5 work days.

2) what is the non-SAP softwaer package? if you're connecting to a database then no problem but if it's something more complex like another ERP system or a GI system development of the interfaces could be complex, does this system have an adapter for SAP XI? (anyway, you need to add a complexity factor to all the interfaces depending upon the complexity of the connection to the other software).

3. how complicated are the interfaces themselves? (just pass data? is there any need for data conversion or data enhancment?)

4. are all needed interfaces mapped and designed? notice that to design an interface correctly you need one person from each system and your interface manager (putting the actuall programmer in the room for a meeting or two could also help).

5. put some time in for coding the interfaces (that's just the programmers).

6. put more time in for testing (notice that you usually need people from both systems for the testing).

as you can see... way too many variable, but from experience i can tell you that the main time wasting factor is not technological but redisgn, too often in integration projects the design of an interface is changed and then the progeammer need to change its work, make sure your designers will do their work well and things will move quickly.

hope it helps...

Uri Lifshitz.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uri,

Aweome answer! You could not have summed it better.

Regards

Bhavesh