Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms - format G_RAW - output tray

former_member217677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was using formats of device type (DINA4) to print sapscript formulars in different output trays. Now I have switched to adobe forms.

Adobe forms are always printed (as I've understood) in G_RAW format, and not in DINA4 format as I want.

For my printer ( KYO FS95XX PCL POSS, Driver  HPL2 HP Laserjet) I'm not able to manipulate output trays in "Printer initialization" for G_RAW format (in SPAD).

Example for DINA4:

Example for G_RAW:

Do you have any suggestion how to:

1. Change format from G_RAW to DINA4?

2. To manipulate output trays of G_RAW format?

Thanks,

Evgenij

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Evgenij,

the reason why format G_RAW doesn't have any printer actions (e.g. tray commands) in default is that the contents of this format will not be evaluated by R/3.

In contrast, the contents of a DINA4 spool (SAPScript / SmartForm) will be interpreted according to the OTF rules. This means that storing an ADS (Adobe Document Services) data in DINA4 format could cause errors which hinder the printing of that spool, because ADS can not generate spools in OTF format.

These mean the following:

• ADS spools should only be stored in G_RAW format. No other format should be selected as it could have unforeseen consequences (so the spool won't be printed)
  • Editing the "Printer initialization" of G_RAW for tray commands is not needed, because:
  • SAP KBA #2111085 - "Tray control in SAP" describes how tray selection can be done for ADS spools:

1. "You can select the tray using a job profile (see SAP Note 1743567) or by making a change to the XDC file and selecting the paper size assigned to the tray in the form or using a job profile (see SAP Note 766410)."
  2. "If this has not been done and you choose "Additional Print Options" and select print options here (including using a default setting for the output device), these are used."
  3. "You can define print tickets again in the definition of the output device in transaction SPAD. If no print options are selected in the print dialog box, the print ticket passed to the form interface by the print program is used (field IE_OUTPUTPARAMS-PRINTTICKET when the function module FP_JOB_OPEN is called)."
  4. "If no print ticket is passed by the print program, the print ticket for which the "Standard Print Ticket" indicator is set for the output device is used. For this, you must use the report RSPO0021 to set the parameter SPAD_TRAY_IFBA."
  5. "If there is no standard print ticket, the system uses the tray set on the "Output Attributes" tab in the definition of the output device in transaction SPAD (if the parameter SPAD_TRAY_IFBA is set)."

Best regards,

Laszlo

Message was edited by: Laszlo Badovszky

former_member217677
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Laszlo,

thanks for quick response.

I dont know anything about "print tickets" (Nr. 3) and cannot find anything in web.

Can you please explain how to setup print tickets and combine it with IE_OUTPUTPARAMS-PRINTTICKET ?

Does it work for every device types?

At the end I just need to say: printer xyz, tray 5. Question where and how

Thanks,

Evgenij

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Evgenij,

SAP Note #1285632 - "Print ticket for POSS print options" describes that since Netweaver 702 / 720 you can define "Print Tickets" in transaction SPAD.

This means:

• go to transaction SPAD
  • open an Output Device for editing
  • select a Device Type which is POSS / Print Ticket capable. An SAP-standard Device Type is HP4350
  • press <enter>. If the tab "Print Tickets" does not appear after pressing <enter>, the system is not capable of handling Print Tickets
  • if the "Print Tickets" tab appeared, select that tab, then select button "Create". Give the name DEFAULT to this Print Ticket, then double-click on the "Input Tray" option, and finally select the needed tray. Before saving the Output Device check the "Standard Print Ticket" checkbox.

The tray should be selected now during printing.
The value of IE_OUTPUTPARAMS-PRINTTICKET needs not to be filled manually, as this SPAD-setting should automatically handle it.

This also means that not all Device Types are POSS / Print Ticket capable. Unfortunately there is no collective SAP Note which shows which Device Types are capable of this, instead the individual SAP Note needs to be checked where the Device Type is distributed. (E.g. SAP Note #1135039 - "Printer Vendor Wizard Note: Ricoh" for Ricoh's RC* Device Types, etc.)

If the XDC / Job profile solution doesn't seem to be flexible enough, you can simply set the required tray in transaction SPAD, under tab "Output Attributes". If the system is recent enough to use the SPAD_TRAY_IFBA parameter, you can simply select the needed tray under this tab, no special Device Types are required for this. SAP Note #1729666 - "Enhanced print options for ADS printing" describes details about this.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to print a pdf (which store as xstring in a Transparent table. how can i  print them  in batch