cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remapping Tables / Editing XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the fundamental issue is, that I need to remap some of my Project's source tables.

For example, one table coming from HANA, is defined in IS as:       "data_quality.shared/PurchasingDocumentHeader"

I not want to remap this to :                                                                "data_quality.vendor/PurchasingDocumentHeader"

My first thought was to export the project, edit the XML, and re-import.

Re-importing failed for me.
After some experimenting, turns out that the fail is nothing to do with editing XML, more to do with the compression process.

For example :

> Export a project to .zip on Desktop.

> Unzip

> Re-zip

> Import into IS : This fails.

When I import a 'normal' IS project zip file, the first step of the process prompts me for "Overwrite existing objects"  and "Automatically approve imported rules".

The second stage, Maps the connection.

When I try to import a file that has been unzipped and re-zipped, things are different.
I am asked "Overwrite existing objects" , but NOT "Automatically approve imported rules".

There is no step to map connections, and the import runs having 0 against all statistics in the summary.

I guess there's 2 questions here then, first is 'how to remap a source table'.

Second is how to edit XML.

Hope someone can help !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Simon,

You can export to ZIP, play around with the XML and rezip in the same structure, and reimport it; although I have not tried to re-map a table doing it.  I am not sure if this is the best way for what you are doing but other than remapping the columns before exporting it may be difficult.

Before importing, you will need the metadata imported (ie import the table in the target system) before trying to import the content or it will fail.  This could be the cause.

Now as for the XML, I found out that the folder structures matter.  So if you do not have the Rules folder in the zipped file then it will not import.

regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input Adrian.

From my example above, I am currently not editing XML, but simply exporting, unzipping, re-zipping, importing.

Yes, I want to edit in the long run, but for now I can't just get it to do this first simple steps.

I do have a Rules folder in my structure.

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Simon,

Are you able to import the ZIP file into the same environment you exported from?

If this works, then there is no issue with the file.  Before importing in the target, go to the Workspace and ensure that the table (old or new depending on what the XML refers to) and import it into the project that you are importing the ZIP file into.

If both of these fail then you may need to raise an incident with SAP.

regards

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Adrian,

I'm going to  raise an incident after checking the points you illustrate.

Thanks

Answers (0)