cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto attach incoming Emails to Solman Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all there,

we're currently extending SAP Solman as general ITSM Tool for use with SAP and nonSAP Applications. Since the main Communication with als the nonSAP-Users is based on Email (with graphical content!) we need to attach these emails as documentation to Incidents, Changes etc.

Actual we can create an Incident, Request, Change based on an email. But howto attach subsequent emails to the Objects?

Workaround is to save the email as PDF and attach it. But its not useful in general.

Thank you for any ideas.

Kind Regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ITSM you had option to attach the emails via upload from local disk. In what reference you are asking, can you please elaborate.

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi back, Rishav,

thanks for ultra quick esponse. I have to be more specific:

I want to attach Emails directly from Outlook/Email-Inbox to an incident without saving them first to disk. Emails should/could be attaches as an "Attachment" or whatever, but directly form Outlook.

Next Step should be, that an automatic email processing is installed to link the emails sent and received to a specific ITSM Object (incident, etc) directly to that object 8as attachment or better as an emial-object.

But first of all attaching the email directly from the Email-Inbox in the Solman WebUI would be perfect.

Jochen

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is possible, but one solution I could think of is integration of your exchange server with your content management but I am not aware of any existing functionality like that, lets wait for others to reply.

Regards

Rishav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

This is very much possible in solution manager ITSM and known as ERMS capability where you send an email to a specific group ID, then ticket will be generated and i have replied a similar thread below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3435997

there is a very good step by step guide here

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/E-MAIL+INBOUND+CONFIGURATION-+ALM%3A+Incident+Managemen...

Please note there is a license and you need to get connected with sap and can't use this for free of cost.

I hope this suffix your doubt/requirement

Thanks

Prakhar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Very much thanks for the useful information.!!!

Regards

Rishav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar and Rishav,

thank you both for helping. Just dove into the links of Prakhar to find out if its the solution and i think it is. Thats what i was looking for. Just the license for ERMS is missing . But that should be solveable.

Regards to you both

Jochen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Many thanks for appreciating the efforts and this is why I am always there with my lovable solman community.

All the Best for implementation of ERMS.

Also you can close the thread if the query is answered

Take care

Thanks

Prakhar

Answers (0)