Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must have at least one Software Component Version

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am getting issue when I am trying to add the ECC 6 (SAP_APP 600 20) system in Solution Manager 7.1 (ST-710 09).

The definition of Technical System 'SID~ABAP' is not correct: 'SID~ABAP': Operating System 'Windows NT~6.0' of Host 'hostname' must have at least one Software Component Version

Managed System info:

Kernel Release : 700 Level 236

As per below note:

1890035 - Error "Host 'hostname' must have at least one installed Technical system" during the step 'Check Prerequisites'

1. SAPHOSTAGENT information

--------------------

kernel release                720

kernel make variant           720_REL

compiled on                   NT 5.2 3790 S x86 MS

compiled for                  64 BIT

compilation mode              Non-Unicode

patch number                  189

2. Downloaded and install this Diagnostic agent DIAGAGT73SP02_0-20006981.SAR while showing above status on managed system

3. host_profile service/admin_users = daaadm HostName\SAPServiceDAA

4. Both commands opened in XML file

5.  make the host entry in etc/host file as per recommendation.

6.  Restart the DAA and re-execute the steps in solman but still facing must have at least one Software Component Version

while in LMDB --> Technical System

showing Product Versions: SAP ERP 6.0 [not automatically supplied]

I have applied below Add-on but both still showing uncheck under Software --> Software Component Version

ST-A/PI 01Q_700 (ST-A/PI 01Q_700)

ST-PI 2008_1_700 (ST-PI 2008_1_700)

I tried to provide max inform and IF you still required then Please tell me.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

showing Product Versions: SAP ERP 6.0 [not automatically supplied]

Few months back i faced similar issue which you're facing now & considered same SAP note 1890035 - Error "Host 'host name' must have at least one installed Technical system" during the step 'Check Prerequisites'

At my end i also followed below KBA as well and maintained supplier in Automatic mode under LMDB --> Technical System --> Software --> Software component --->Supplier  ( For this i need to check at my end for the method which i followed to make suppliers as Automatic as i forgot ).

1799138 - Solution Manager configuration check returns "The definition of Technical System '{SID}~{...

Regards,

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

I Believe your issue must have been resolved. I am facing the same issue in Managed System Configuration check - "The definition of Technical System '{SID}~{STACK}' is not correct: '{SID}~{STACK}' : Operating System '{OSName}' of Host '{hostname}' must have at least one Software Component Version"

Can you please let us know how it was resolved.

Hi Williams,

I checked SAP Note 1018839 it mentions about registering data from host to SLD but in our case SLD has the information about installed products and software component versions under Technical Systems.

When i check in LMDB, details of Software Component Versions is present under Software but there is no data about Installed Software Component versions under hosts and Technical Instances.

The error which i see in LMDB --> Data Supplier Status is as per the screenshot

Can someone please guide how to proceed.

Thanks

Aadil

0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Have you resolved this issue? I am facing the same issue. It would be helpful to me, if you share us the solution.

Thanks

Shanmuka

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shanmuka,

Please check below SAP Notes:

1890035 - How to avoid common Outside Discovery issues - Solution Manager 7.10

1799138 - Solution Manager configuration check returns "The definition of Technical System '{SID}~{STACK}' is not correct: '{SID}~{STACK}' : Operating System '{OSName}' of Host '{hostname}' must have at least one Software Component Version"

Thanks,

Manish

william_bowman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

I assume by now you have found a resolution to your problem.  I also had the same issues and many others related to the amount of data supplied by the SLD to the LMDB in Solution Manager 7.1.  The best, most complete way I found to resolve the issue was contained in note 1018839.  Here is a link to it. 

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1018839

Also, make sure you setup the SLDDatasupplier connection in as_java.  It makes a world of difference.

Kind Regards,

Bill

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Could you check with link No software component versions are installed on the technical sy - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Librar...

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

May the statement help you & if possible try to check Software component version installed on system

Software component versions that describe applications that a run on a technical system, which uses the software components that are installed on the hosts.

Software component information is either sent automatically by SLD data suppliers, or entered manually in the editor for technical systems. For example, when you mark a software component as Installed, it is automatically assigned to the corresponding host of the technical system.

at LMDB --> Hosts --> Installed Software --> Software Component Versions Installed on Selected Host

If possible share the snap shot for the screen.

Regards,

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please check below screenshot.

I updated host agent and now it on 720 level 206.

There is not showing under installed software and issue is coming due to this tab but these value are disable mode.

why  software are not coming here automatically?

Regards,

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installed software is populated via SLD data suppliers, not the hostctrl or SMD agent.  Hostctrl and the OScol being red are related, which could be a rights issue on the Windows box trying to access the WMI information?

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

FYI, i m getting this issue on 2 systems and these are ECC 6 SAP_APPL 600 SP 20 while one system SAP_APPL 605 was successfully added after upgrade ST_PI and ST_A/PI.

I executed RZ70 successfully without any issue and DAA is running fine in Agent Administration of SOLMAN.

Why  installed Softwares are not being populated via SLD?

regard

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you confirmed there is data on SolMan's SLD for the system that isn't showing up?

Also is the SLD destination a PI system or directly to SolMan?  If it is sent to PI first, you have to configure PI to forward the information.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

There are showing this system in technical ABAP system in  SLD of Solman and Diag agent also showing in Diagnostic Agents. I update you about PI configuration in SLF?

Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried removing the system from the LMDB and allowing the SLD to LMDB sync to re-occur, perhaps a lock occurred on the object( s )?

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

I have removed the system from LMDB(host, technical,product,SLD) and added again. the system information is showing in SLD(Technical System) and re-synch but still facing same.

even I execute this report

RLMDB_SYNC_TECHNICAL_SYSTEM

with Overwrite

Regards,

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Have you update Host Agent?

Browse http://hostname:50000/sld -> Administration -> CIM Content -> Select your system in any of list like ABAP instance -> change something and save it then delete your change again save it.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

We can not add manually it should bring automatically system host details.

Try to sync again if not delete SLD and re-create in LMDB.

Update Host Agent.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check your host agent version, check the landscape browser if you found any issues.

Also please check if your SLD and LMDB in sync.

Please can you check the note 1799138,1611483,2103078

Regards

Rishav