cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM cutover open orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

While doing cutover activity what should be the status of the Open production order, open purchase order &  open deliveries for sales.

We are using fixed bin for production staging  so release production order etc it will not create transfer requirement.

So as per my understanding if I have open production order or purchase order then no issues.

Also I should not have any open delivery while migrating to wm.

Kindly confirm your views.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you planning to extend the warehouse for the existing plant+storage location combination if yes then you need to make sure that there is no document exist which activity needs to be carry forward in WM (e.g. Delivery document(inbound / outbound) , Production order due to staging of material (TR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am extedning existing plant & sloc to warehouse.

as I am using fixed bin in production staging I am not creating any TO from Production order for staging. So I hope open production order will not have any effect. Please correct me if I am wrong.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what do you mean by "as I am using fixed bin in production staging"

Does this mean that you are not going to take into consideration the BOM quantity required from production order / process order ? or are you going to transfer a fixed quantity every time to the line side irrespective of the qty required by process order / production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to transfer fixed qty as well as transfer with release order parts.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not have any open TR / Delivery for the existing storage location for which you are planning to assign the warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As I am planning to use release order parts method for staging of component, What kind of production orders are ok.

Means Do I need to inform the business that open production order is ok but you should not release production order ?.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Relese order or pick order you set in the control cycle and these are material staging method. I suggest you go through with the below mentioned existing scn thread to get more detail

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3290305

Once you release production order then it creates TR which will have specific information like Warehouse number hence my suggestion would be that you should not release production order in the above scenario