Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contentserver and firewall SCMS_URL_GENERATE

ro9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have a problem - which relates to the content server - and possibly the firewall in our organisation.
Let me explain:

We have a custom devloped Webdynpro Abap application used to display som user information. One of the functions is the possibility to display a user picture.

When a user i selected - the URL to the picture i generated using the RFC: SCMS_URL_GENERATE.
This returns a content server url which is something like:

http://server:8000/xxxx.xxx.xxx

everyting works fine - when used through the portal - on the inside (when you are on the coorporate network).

But when the portal is called from outside - the URL does not work.
I did som digging - and i can see that the eksternal URL - is not the same.

IE: Interally the server is called by its FQDN name-. by ekternally we use another alias.

ie:

extserver.company.com

where we use: intserver:8000 internally.

Should i "code" the change ie - find a way to rewrite the URL myself - before returning it -

or is there some RFC module that i can use to set the eksternal url - before generting?

Best regards

Ronni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ronni Hostrup wrote:

Should i "code" the change ie - find a way to rewrite the URL myself - before returning it -

or is there some RFC module that i can use to set the eksternal url - before generting?

No, that should be solved in the system landscape level, e.g. proper configuration of all involved systems. Typically the portal system landscape, Web Dispatcher and HTTPURLLOC in the backend system need to be adjusted. You will need to provide more details of the current setup before anyone can pinpoint the problem. It is common to access portal and connected applications in many ways, the systems just have to be configured to support it.