SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derivation rule at asset retirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii experts,

we have requirement of assets procurement through grants they receive. Funds of fund center got consumed at the asset acquisition but when i m triyng to retire/scrap assets... its giving an error for FI313 I.e

No funds center entered/derived in item 00001 (1000/2000000122/)

I came to know that we need to prepare some derivation rule of the retirement of assets to resolve the issue.. Please guide me as i am very new to grant management...

Regards,

Abhay

2 REPLIES 2

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Abhay,

Since you have created Asset Codes in Asset Master, you have to provide Asset Codes in Asset Retirement Derivation Rule, so that system can derive proper values as per your derivate rule. You have to maintain the following derivation rule for Asset Retirement:

Transaction Type (TT)+Asset Code (To-From)+Document Type(DT)=Target Commitment Item

Mention all the Asset Code number ranges maintained in the system, while Document Type AA will be used for TT 200 (Retirement without Revenue) and Document Type DR will be used for TT 210 (Retirement with Revenue). You can derive statistical or dummy commitment item (60 and 3) for processing of transaction.

Further, you can also add cost centre as source field to derive funds centre. Also make sure you keep the rule in the logical order, since it may affect the derivation of fields. Also check note 666322 to make use of trace feature to ensure proper derivation of values.

I hope this will resolve the issue.

Regards,

Amar Lal

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abay:

Is it a legacy asset which you are trying to retire ? If yes then looks that legacy data was uploaded without FM account assignments so you are facing errors during the retirement. For GM-GTE , fund center update is not required in asset master for all asset procured on Grants unless there is FM & GM-GTE integration . You are getting this error because you have given commitment item with category 30/3 which is not at all required for assets on Grants.

Thanks