cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the RF transaction LMXX to print out a label and rational of using label

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I search through the web and to my vail and no answer to be found.

Question 1 -

I would like to know what is the standard SAP mobile RF transaction code (i.e. LMXX) to print a label (i.e. something like LT31 to print a label), do you know?

Question 2 -

I am a bit confused here with regard to the business rational about the use of label.

For example, when a freight forward truck send us our goods stuck with pallet and parcel, the trucker pass us a document which consists of the PO and Inbound delivery number on the paper. I understand at this stage we can use RF to scan inbound delivery to create TO putaway.

However, my question is do we need to generate a putaway label to attach to all the parcel (pallets of the goods)? What is the business rational and benefit of printing a putaway label?

In between, there is no Storage Unit (SU) nor HUM used in this little subsidiary of our company.

Please enlighten me,

regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using Storage unit (none of your storage type is having SU field active) then I don't think this will be helpful for you. You need to first get the SU management active your storage type then you can plan to generate label and perform the putaway based on that which will reduce the time in terms of multiple scanning of MATERIAL, BATCH,QTY as all this can be storage in a label

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can print the SU labels automatically when you do a TO confirmation from RF based on the settings or you can manually do a SU label Print using LT32.

Normally we use SU labels to uniquely identify each pallet with a unique id no, also you can incorporate all the info such as material, batch, quntity, TO no etc. in the SU label which be used for scanning for putaway.

If you don't use SU management, then you can just go for TO label print.

Normally, business also use Shipping labels while packing the materials in the warehouse which we will used by the container (especially outside the plants to identifiy the destination of the material)

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram and Manis,

This small plant we implement is NOT using Storage Unit management (SU).

Just to be clear...

1 - Hence, does it mean I cannot printout label bar code?

2 - and in order to printout label bar code, which can be scan later by SAP mobile RF, I must have SU setup for my storage type?

Further do you know my previous QUESTION 2 (please scroll up)?

Thanks again.

tuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. It doesnt mean that you cannot print  the label barcode without SUM.

You can design a smartform and the barcode label printer settings. As per the requirement, you can design your barcode (by choosing the standard barcode types) and necessary information to be printed on the label such as material, qty, destn. bin, batch, TO no etc.

Regarding your 2nd query the ASN information (with packing info) which is send by your vendor is normally used for performing the Goods Receipt only. But you print the labels with all the above details for a one to one tracking within the warehouse and for performing the warehouse movements in a more optimized and efficient manner.

Thanks,

Ram