Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting short Dump when extracting data from MARA table

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to extract the data from the MARA table by inputting the material NO (at a time 20000 and I have total of 1.5 million materials ) and the material group in the selection.I am getting a short dump.I want to extract list of material which are in that material group.

Tried this using MM60, but the report is not in downloadable format.Please help me to extract this data

Thanks and Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Why dont use Back groud option to extract the data and pull the report in SM37

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried but still I got the same short dump

Runtime errors         SAPSQL_STMNT_TOO_LARGE

Exception              CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

Occurred on     17.04.2015 at   08:31:59

The Open SQL statement is too large.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Try in SE16N and mention the dates from which to which to want to pull

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the multiple selection is limited to - I didn't look the number up but I think it is 64 KB - which means that you may be able to insert more material numbers if your material number is small or less if you have longer material numbers.

What is the purpose of entering individual numbers when you want to extract all data anyway?

What do you want to do with the download, maybe there are other or better options?

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

The requirement was to change the Loading group of the materials of a particular plant.

Extract the data based on selection of particular material groups and particular loading groups and then change the loading group of those materials.

Thanks for your inputs,

I got this by joining extracting the data in SAP Query transaction SQVI by joining MARA and MARC tables and then executing the report based on the selection.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why didn't you do it directly through MM17?

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I wanted to extract the data first and provide the same to other team to do the changes.Tried MM17 it was also going for long run,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but where will you save any time in this process? Is any other transaction quicker than MM17?

MM17 can do the selection and the update in 1 step, even in background. No download at all.

So you need time for download, need time for preparation of upload, need time for upload, need time for processing. this is a multiple for the time that is needed with MM17.

govindraj_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree that it is easier in MM17 to do the changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also use LSMW or write a program to make the changes.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are extracting  total of 1.5 million materials but extracting to which format ? Is your favourable format have capacity to hold 1.5 million materials?

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the complete data then why are you using any of the selection criteria. Extract complete MARA table in an excel and then based on your filters you can get the data.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Govindraj K wrote:

Tried this using MM60, but the report is not in downloadable format.Please help me to extract this data

Why not ? You can able to download from MM60 as well. Menu - List - Export - Local file.

By the way, we have a discussion in last week about quite same matter