cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Rule in UAR

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am looking to create an Agent Rule (BRF+/ BRF+ Flat) for the UAR MSMP Process. The purpose is that, the users will be notified via email when any role is removed from their IDs. Appreciate your help in creating the BRF rule to identify 'Users' as the Agent.

Thanks,

Sajib.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu/  other experts,

I would really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks,

Sajib

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajib,

Please check my blog post on Custom User Agent in UAR using BRF+

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for taking the effort, Madhu! I followed your guide and getting the outputs at simulations. But looks like it is picking up users from line item #1 only. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Sajib.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajib,

Each request ID will have only one user irrespective of number of lineitems. So, i think Request ID vs UserID should be fine. U find any issue with this?

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Yes, Madhu. Looks like that is not true for at least 'Role Owner' approval (group by roles) scenario. The below screenshot shows one request with different users (or may be some same users, based on the roles and role owner) at each line item.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops I configured based on "Manager" as reviewer

So for role owner logic needs to be changed May be I will try and update the blog as well.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

I would greatly appreciate that, Madhu! You are the best!

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajib,

I have just checked the scenario and below is my understanding:

In UAR requests with ROLE OWNER as reviewer, each request will have ROLES and each role will have all the users assigned to that role.

Assume that I am ROLE OWNER for five roles. Each role has 10 users and there are users who are assigned to all 5 roles and few assigned to 2 roles etc.

Now each Review Item ID is the ROLE and this review Item ID is unique for each role and each Review Item ID has 10 users. We can determine Users assigned to each Review Item ID but what's your requirement in this scenario?

Do you want each user to review their UAR requests? Basically for each user assigned to role after determination how you are going to use them in your workflow? Give me some understanding of your requirement so that easy to test and check that scneario

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Sorry for the late response. The requirement is to notify the users whose role(s) have been removed at the closing of a UAR request. So, reflecting on your example, if the role owner removed 2 roles from user A and 5 roles from user B, upon auto provisioning, A and B need to be notified about the removal. Users whose access remain unchanged, may not be notified. There is a follow up question of designing the notification template, but I guess I will open another thread for that.

Thanks again for all your help and support!

Regards,

Sajib.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sajib,

User agent can be be built making use of standard GRAC_MANAGER by tweaking the MANAGER and USER fields in GRAC_MANAGER agent.

You can work with your ABAPer to achieve this.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Madhu. How about the possibility of using BRF+/ BRF+ Flat Agent Rule? I saw your article on BRF+ Agent Rule based on Role Functional Area. Can we try something similar?

Also, I am guessing if we change GRAC_MANAGER at code level, we would not be able to use it any longer for its original purpose (Get the Managers).

Regards,

Sajib.

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswas,

Actually my suggestion is to create new custom FM agent for ZGRAC_USER by using GRAC_MANAGER agent.

Actually in one of the implementation we had requirement to have User as first level of approver for his own UAR requests and we achieved it by developing custom FM agent for User.

Using BRF+ should be possible, but to make things simpler we went for new function module based agent for user Anyways i will chk from BRF+ side and can share details with you

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Madhu. Definitely good to know. I will try to get some developers involved, not sure how feasible the custom development approach would be. I am looking forward to know your findings on using BRF.

Thanks again for checking, Madhu. Really appreciate it.