cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier qualification without SRM license?

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Help library states: "You can use Supplier Qualification with SAP SRM and SAP ERP as a back-end system, or only using SAP ERP"

Am I to understand that I can perform supplier qualification activities without the need for any SRM license?

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad

I am assuming you only need supplier qualification .. and not SUS ?

However if you need SUS PI is a mandatory component .

Supplier qualification would mean the below :

Business Partner Monitor

Supplier Registration

Supplier Directory

Supplier Preselection

You can implement this functionality via ROS ..However if you need to do business with them for example a PO needs to be sent then SUS is needed for which you need PI

However if only ROS is used I think you can do without PI and it can be implemented in SRM Or ECC ..

You could also check the SLM and SLC modules which may also be helpful

refer links below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/45/efc057348a3112e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_slc/helpdata/en/a1/ec29fc75b64063abcdf321bfca229a/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_slc/helpdata/en/e0/d221032c334f6fb3a69b9cc1d3755a/content.htm?frameset=...

Regards

Vinita

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a document or SAP note that clearly spells out the technical requirements for ROS on ECC and/or activation/implementation steps? To summarize, I am just looking for ROS without the SUS portion.

Also, the SLC/SLM info looks intriguing, but would require SUS?

Thanks, Vlad

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad

Yes please have a look at the note this is for the old version

but I think it is a similar case for SRM 7 as well .. you may want to raise a note to SAP to check further ,,

SAp ROS config guide you should be able to find in help.sap.com

Refer the links below

1134978 - Implementation of ROS without SUS in a SRM system

Regards

Vinita

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

The note provides some clarity but is dated 2008 and references EBP. The note clarifies that we don't need XI, which is great since we don't need the connection between ROS and ECC.

The key concept I'm stuck on is that it feels like ROS is dependent on activating SRM business functions, but I started this thread stating that we don't own SRM. Your May 6 post says not to activate SRM business functions. In that case, what are the steps to get ROS up and running? Surely there must be some documentation or implementation note for this scenario?

Vlad

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Upon further investigation it looks like the standalone version of SLC is exactly what we need. Would you happen to know if there is alternative way to access the web content, ie instead of using Netweaver is NWBC supported?

Vlad

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

We decided to go with Ariba. Closing thread. Thanks.

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anybody have any insight?

Vlad

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad

From what I know .. (I could be wrong though ) SRM is not a mandate ..

If you just have SUS you can use that and import the supplier only to ERP ..

However if you plan to also send it to SRM then you need a SRM box obviously ..

So if you check this link they clearly tell us that if you need SRM you need to activate a business function in the ECC side .. howeever  if you are using ERP only do not activate the business function (SRM_SUCO_1) so that way you will be able to use it only within ERP ..

Hope that clarifies ?

Supplier Qualification with SAP ERP - Supplier Qualification - SAP Library

Regards

Vinita

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Vinita,

Our goal is to leverage the supplier qualification functionality and then possibly output the data to a non-SAP BI system (I assume the various SRM tables that hold the data can be used for extracts). Therefore, I don't necessarily need any integration between MM and SUS, especially since it appears XI is required for that and we don't use XI. You think we can still do the supplier qualification in an MM-SUS scenario without the XI integration?

Vlad