cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Declaration after goods receipt - Inward Processing Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for some advice on setting up Inward Processing as I am running into issues.  Our system makeup is this:

ECC - 617

GTS - 10.1

One of our facilities is setup so that they have duty deferment for imported components that are used in manufacturing and re-exported within a 36 month period. Based on this requirement we have determined that we could be leveraging the Inward Processing functionality in GTS to manage / track the inventory for duty purposes.  With that being said, this is what I have configured so far.

Configuration:

Purchase document in ECC is setup to transfer to GTS and create an import customs document, the check box for Customs Services is checked.  The corresponding purchasing document in GTS is activated for compliance and customs services.

Inbound delivery in ECC is setup to transfer to GTS.  I am worried I have done something wrong in this configuration with how it maps in GTS. The document is currently creating a customs document that can be viewed in the import side of compliance.  The document type I mapped in GTS “Inbound Customs Delivery”

Movement type 101B has been configured to come over from ECC to GTS.

I configured in ECC the prelim. Document type T1 and also maintained that doc type in GTS which I mapped as prev. doc cat 01.  I then assigned Service LECTPR with prelim doc type category 01 as duty unpaid and target procedure 01 – Transit.

I configured the authorization for both transit and inward processing, created the “license” for these items, and configured the activity sequence for the matching legal regulation.

My process has been this:

Create purchase order in ECC

Create inbound delivery in ECC

Update inbound delivery with the prelim doc type T1 and doc number / date

MIGO with reference to the inbound delivery (movement type 101 against purchase order stored in MSEG)

In GTS I go to create a customs declaration AFTER goods receipt, but I get a “no data found” information message.  When I debug I can see the that a check is done to pull records from table /sapsll/cuswlo, I have no entries in this table.

I can see all the documents definitely made it over to GTS because they show up in the General List of Display Customs Declaration Quantities and Goods Receipt quantities (/SAPSLL/CUSWLM).  So at this point I have to be missing some key piece of configuration to allow the Import Declaration to create so the goods become available for inward processing. Any ideas on what I should be looking at that could be missing?

Rachael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor

Hi Rachel,

When you save the Inbound Deliveries, after entering the Preliminary Document type and number, do you see a corresponding Customs Shipment in the "Transit" inbound activities list?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not see a customs shipment at all in the Transit area.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, then that's (at least) what you need to fix.

In the Plug-In area, make sure that you've added your Inbound Delivery type to transfer for Customs purposes ("Query Customs Management for Document Type"), and that the technical activation has been turned on for Application MM0B.  For the moment - although it shouldn't make any difference - don't tick to transfer the Inbound Delivery for Compliance Management, or for Placement into Customs Status before GR.

In GTS, make sure that Document Type 'TRLOIM' is active for Transit, and that the Document Type has an active Number Range.  Then check that the Legal Regulation for Transit (TRSxx) is active for your country code and that the Process Template is assigned in the Control Settings.

Then see if the IBD is transferred ok.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Missing the process template, thanks for the help, Dave.

Rachael

Answers (0)