cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Execution Time Portal After Upgrade 7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellows

Currently i have a problem with my portal, we just upgrade from 7.0 to 7.40 using a copy of the server for testing purposes, but when i try to access the irj, i get the following error

Error tiempo ejecución del portal
Excepción durante procesamiento de la petición. Envíe el ID de la excepción a su administrador del portal
ID excepción 01:48_16/04/15_12334250

Encontrará más detalles sobre esta excepción en el fichero de log

meaning

Runtime error portal
Exception during request processing . Send the ID of the exception to your portal administrator
ID excepción 01:48_16/04/15_12334250

For more details on this exception in the log file

In the log we have found this

/usr/sap/SID/XXX/j2ee/cluster/server0/log

com.sap.dtr.client.lib.protocol.CommunicationException: Unable to open connection to host OLDSERVER:50,100

[The IP address of the host could not be resolved. Maybe the URL is misspelled or the host does no longer exist]

[reason: OLDSERVER]

java.net.UnknownHostException: OLDSERVER

In the SLD --> http://NEWSERVER:50100/sld we changed it and reset the portal but still getting the same error.

We have look where we can change this parameter, to the NEWSERVER without succes

Thanks in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

Presumably it worked just fine after the system copy but before the upgrade? No errors like this? As this looks more likely to be related to the system copy than the upgrade, one would expect the error to crop up before you even upgrade.

Have you checked with Config Tool that the Secure Store is pointing to NEWSERVER, etc?

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answering Matt

Indeed everything was working fine before de copy, and still working on OLDSERVER as we speak, we presume its a step we miss, but already check on the post-copy guide without any success

The secure store is updated too

Urljdbc:oracle:thin:@NEWSERVER:1527:SID

Thanks

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant working on NEWSERVER, after the copy but before the upgrade. In other words, to be able to isolate the cause as a copy issue and not an upgrade issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ohh, I misunderstood

we can't make that particular test right now because its the development ambient of the company.

We use the NEWSERVER as a sanbox to avoid the impact on the real ambients.

But were not able to find that particular reference to OLDSERVER in the NEWSERVER configuration (SLD, Secure Store) after the copy

Thanks again for your time

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You've checked the default and instance profiles? Did you use new ones created by the system copy tool, or did you reuse the ones from OLDSERVER?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Matt sorry for not answering earlier....

Yes even the profiles are updated, because we use the tool to make new ones. Also we have been checking the captures we made of the process, to isolate the error, and we find out that after the copy but before the upgrade, the IRJ was working, what makes me more confused.

Thanks again for your time and patiencie