Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPSID_<INSTNO> service is not starting during netweaver installation

seshukoti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

While performing  SAP Net weaver 7.4 SR2 Java installation on DB210.5 database(on windows 2012),

I am facing issue with SAPSID_<INSTNO> service is not starting with SAPServiceSID and it is giving access denied.

If I go and  right click on service and then properties-> logon activated with local account ---- the service is starting fine.

if I enable the startup with SAPSERVICESID it is not working and giving access denied error.(password issue is not there).

And the SAPINST error as follows D:/usr/sap/SID/SCS01/exe/sapstartsrv.exe returned with -1 error. Access denied.

And the SAPSERVICESID is added to administrators group and it has full permissions to D drive and subfolders as well.

Currently instance installation SCS phase is getting stuck due to the error which trying to start the service in background with the SAPServiceSID.

(I have created and deleted the service manually and no luck.. because it was not able to delete and recreate the service in the execution phase)

And SWPM version 1.0SP07

DB210.5Fixpack5

Windows2012

kernel 742

And  startsrvexe.log contains error 5 Access denied.

Please help me to get the below resolve.

Thanks

Seshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Have you set the SIDadm and sapserviceSID to the saplocaladmin, and are member of local admin group on the server. The two sap accounts need to be members of local admin groups on the server.

just to confirm the error could you rename the sapstartrsrv.log and start the via service again via services.msc?

If so then perhaps some other process has locked the sapstartsrv.log file. This can be check e.f. via process explorer, see Process Explorer

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check SAPSERVICESID is added under administrator user group.

Also check permission of same user.

Thanks

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seshu,

Have you added the domain name in user id ???Please provide log ..

BR

AKJ