cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector GRC to HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need to connect GRC 10.1 to a HANA plug-in system, is it possible to create a connector directly form SM59 to connect to a HANA plug-in system?

Is it necessary to do something else?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You have to create a connector and set the connection type as HDB (HANA Database) in Maintain Connectors and Connection Types first. Make sure you have HANA database plug-in installed as mentioned in GRC 10.1 installation guide which will enable Access controls to run with SAP HANA as DB and optimizes some of the High volume processes to take advantage of SAP HANA.

SAP HANA user provisioning to use SAP HANA-based applications.

Access to assignment of users on SAP HANA (Analytical Privileges and Roles)

Perform risk analysis for SAP HANA-based authorizations to avoid SoD conflicts

Using GRC 10.1 on HANA platform will help immensly mainly for ARA (access risk analysis)

SAP Access Control 10.1 has been enhanced and expanded. It now comes with a common standard  ABAP platform leveraging SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP 02 that provides the option to run on the SAP HANA  database.

In nutshell, the best advantage of running GRC applications is, Reporting will be faster so would be the outputs.

You can refer: 1869912 - SAP GRC 10.1 Plug-In SAP HANA, SAP HANA Content

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

My GRC 10.1 is not running on a HANA database. would it be a problem?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

John:  Your GRC System does not have to be on HANA to be able to connect to HANA for GRC functionalities.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin.

is it only necessary to create the connector from SM59?

Is that all?

thanks,

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John,

A connector in SM59 is part of it. The entire setting up is provided in SAP Note - 1869912 - SAP GRC 10.1 Plug-In SAP HANA, SAP HANA Content as Madhu mentioned.

There are certain set up from the HANA's side as you can see in the note, specifically installing and setting up the GRC plugin on HANA side.

Then there is a connection set up required in the GRC's side from DBCO transaction.

All these points are mentioned in the note with instructions. Once these are set up, a "logical connection" in SM59 will need to be created, which can then be used in the GRC SPRO connection settings along with the DBCO connection to finish the GRC configuration.

Let us know if any further information is needed!

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammukh,

Thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused because I thought using transaction DBCO was to use HANA as database and my GRC system is already using an Oracle Database. Why is it necessary then the usage of DBCO? I only want to use the HANA as a plug-in system.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

former_member204479
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello John

In SM59 there is no specific connection type that can be used for HANA. Therefore a logical connector would be created there. Now to use a logical connector in GRC's SPRO under define connector section, you will need to specify the actual connection under the column logical port, which in this case will be the DBCO connector.

Thanks

Sammukh

Answers (0)