cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I have a little project with one root and three WBS element at second level.

My client wants to assign budget only to WBS element at first level and have budget availability control for all project. Let me explain better.

I assign budget to first wbs element. After some months I create a purchase order of 100 eur  to WBS element of second level. In this case, the system give me a warning message ( we set only warning message in tolerance limit ) that the budget is exceed of 100 euros.

Is there a way to have availability control for whole project and not only for single wbs element?

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

if you want to budget at level 1st wbs its your business dicision but according to budget standard functionality it will check to all wbs as lower wbs also part of top wbs.

CJBN for deactivate budget availability check

CNBV for activate budget availability check

REgards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

thanks for your reply. I would assign budget only to first level but have availability check to all elements. For example

WBS1       budget:1000

WBS2a     budget:0

WBS3a      budget:0

If I create a purchase order with account assignment WBS2a of 800, the system must give a warning message that I can use only other 200 of my budget

Is it possible?

Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele,

Yes, if you have budget set up as you mentioned, budget check is for ALL WBS elements.

Now, if you want to have a message when you assign 800, you can set up tolerance limit at 80% to be warning.

Regards,

Ram

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes you can get this information by sap once tolerance functionality activated system will give this reported like 800 already exhaust.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafelle,

Based on my understand, you have the following scenario:

WBS 1   100 Euro

WBS 2a    (no budg, AVAC)

WBS 2b    (no budg, AVAC)

with the set up above, the standard function of the system is that when you charge to WBS 2, it will just get the budget from level 1.  So you have a budget of 100 to be used by either wbs 2a or 2b, whichever is the first to charge. 

on your case, you mentioned that you encountered a budget exceeded message when you charged to level 2 wbs, this should not have happened based on system behavior as mentioned above.  i think possible that 1. your budget was not released but budget profile is checking on released budget.  2. your budget check is annual but you just maintained overall  3. other reason??

Please check again, since it is possible that what you want is already system standard but budget was just set up incorrectly.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafelle,

Same requirement I fulfilled with User Status

Regards

Deepak

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele,

Please try to test the process with AVAC status only on level 1, but not having AVAC on level 2.

I know it is possible to have your scenario, but will need to prototype to reproduce the possible solution.  So, hope you can do it yourself.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

please, could you tell me how to deactivate availability control only on secon level of WBS?

Thanks

Regards

Raffaele

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele,

I believe there are several ways doing that, but most civilized option is through the user status.

Regards,

Paulo