cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SAP LVM 2.0 on AWS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am performing a POC for LVM 2.0 Installation and Configuring on AWS Cloud. Below is the environment details in my scenario SAP LVM 2.0 Installed (Netweaver 7.4) on AWS Cloud Two SAP ABAP System(ERP6 EHP7) installed on same AWS Cloud. I have configured both the system in LVM. I can see both the system status Operation and I am able to monnitor I am able to start/stop application from LVM. Now When I try to perform system copy it's saying "Missing Network" I have configured Virtualization Manager(Amazaon EC2) in SAP LVM I am following help.sap.com documentation My Question is as below  For Configuring Storage Providers what information I need to put as I can't see any vendor list in SAP LVM that is specific for AWS Cloud. Once I got some information on above I can proceed with My POC. I do have doubt if SAP LVM is full fledged configurable on AWS Cloud Environment with using Virtualization and Storage manager of AWS Cloud(Do correct me If I am wrong). Regards Shontu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Shontu,

thanks for getting in touch with us. The issue with this setup is that AWS does not offer a form of Storage Access that is needed for SAP LVM. With no access to the infrastructure's storage management LVM is denied to execute storage operation or to just gain information for storage visualization.

Realizing a PoC-like (Non-Prod) szenario for demo purposes with no storage access offered by your infrastructure provider like in this particular case would be possible by configuring a dedicated NFS box. Here, exported NFS shares containing the data of the managed SAP systems (that are connected to LVM as the management engine) would be used.

Was this helpful to you?

Best regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information.

Yes, Indeed it is helpful in confirming what I was suspecting(to have a dedicated NFS Box).

When I checked the SAP Note 1861561 (Where it is explaining the steps of having AWS configured as Virtualization Manager), by this information in SAP Note 1861561, I was looking for some way to get Storage Configured which Our AWS is using background.

Is there any SAP Note which clearly denies SAP LVM Storage to be configured using AWS Platform ?

Regards

Shontu

0 Kudos

Hi Shontu,

yes, this is the note describing how to connect SAP LVM and AWS as virtualization manager.

The SCN DOC "" might be helpful to you. In there the status of all partner integrations is described. Put simple, it tells you what is possible with which kind of components.

As a result of the lack of Storage Integration for SAP LVM it is stated there that curcently AWS is not supported for SAP system provisioning. However, you are always enabled to integrate your own replication technology to create End2End SAP system provisioning with automated Post-copy steps within SAP LVM.

Was I able to answer your question?

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hope the scenario I explained is clear.

Eagerly seeking for some input on the same.

Regards

Shontu